Sunday, October 28, 2007

Inspiration Challenge

This was for yesterday's Inspiration Challenge on SCS. It was a fun challenge because I don't usually do "vintage" style cards. I'm not sure that my card turned out as vintage looking as the art print, but it definitely made me use different colors than I normally would have used for this image. I kind of like the mummy and ghost with the creamy caramel shading rather than a light blue like I probably would have used.

We had a great time yesterday at BOTH parties that we ended up going to. I don't have any pictures to share(at least not yet), but Savannah was a princess (we had planned on Cinderella, but she wanted to wear a different costume), I was her pumpkin coach dressed in a pumpkin lawn bag, Arwen was one of Cinderella's little mouse friends and my husband was the coach driver dressed in his "period" outfit. Hopefully I'll get some pictures that I can share with you! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Just Flying By (SU); Ink- Palette in Noir, Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Garden Green, Basic Black, Going Grey, More Mustard, Bordering Blue (SU); Paper- Pearlized Cream (Paper Accents), tan, black, mustard, red (DCWV); Accessories- olive velvet ribbon, paper piercer, blender pen, Coluzzle circle template.

8 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Totally cute card, Charmaine!! Your coloring ROCKS!

Val said...

I love your card! The colouring is just fabulous. At first, I thought it was a picture...colours and blending are so perfect!!

Tina said...

Very cute Halloween-card!

Jenn in GA said...

how could i miss so much just by not checking your blog yesterday! lots of cute stuff here, and i agree with you that the caramel shading is a nice touch on the mummy and the ghost. love the card today...sounds like the Halloween theme your family chose was a great hit!

Diane Gilbert said...

I think it is adorable! Looks great to me!

Jules said...

Great coloring! I hadn't seen this image in a long time. I really like it! :) Julie

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Cute!!!! I love these challenges!!

Michele Kovack said...

ADORABLE card!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails