Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Prettie Challenge

Remember how I told you that the Paper Pretties Design Team issues challenges to each other each week? Well, this was the challenge I issued 2 weeks ago. . .to use the Bouncing Brayer Technique. This card was really very simple. I just bounced the brayer on my Whisper White cardstock, stamped snowflakes in Craft White ink over top, then added some Stickles. The snowman was stamped on a scrap piece of paper, colored, cut out and mounted behind the "snow bank". The "snow bank" was made by tearing a piece of Whisper White cardstock, running it through the Xyron upside down and then dunking it in glitter. Finally, the sentiment is from the Papertrey Ink Holiday Treats set. I'm very excited to see what the other Prettie Girls: Alli, Christie, Jillian, Joanne, Julie C., Julie M., and Kristine have come up with! I got an ADORABLE card in the mail from Julie Campbell! :) That's what I LOVE about these challenges. . .you actually get one of them in the mail! This week, Julie Masse will be issuing the challenge, so please be sure to check it out and play along! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Merry & Bright (SU), Holiday Treats (Papertrey Ink); Paper- Whisper White (SU), black, blue (DCWV); Ink- Basic Black (SU), Blue Breeze Kaleidacolor; Accessories- blender pen, brayer, Stardust Stickles, glitter, Xyron, organdy ribbon.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, this is stunning. I love the snowflake/bounced background, your sparkling snowbank and how the entire card is put together.
Did I tell you lately that you are amazing?
Hugs!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Just gorgeous!! I love it!!!!

Unknown said...

This was a beautiful card!! I loved getting this cute little guy in the mail - thanks Charmaine!! :)

Pegg S said...

What a cool technique! This is a gorgeous card!

Abi said...

Beautiful, beautiful card - love all the colours of blue used here. Yummy!!

Donna Baker said...

this is so awesome! the little snowman has the perfect surroundings to be jolly!

Jules said...

Wow! It looks like the sky is just beaming behind the snowman. I like it! Do you sleep? LOL Have a good day! :) J

Alli Miles said...

Your design is BEAUTIFUL. You sure know how to do this technique...I think you need to challenge us again to do another card *lol* Thanks for encouraging us to try something new.

Jenn in GA said...

you know what i thought when i saw this? ta da! i am snowman, see me shine!

very cute...wonder what it would look like with the MFT snowman?

Anonymous said...

WOW! Girl you are rockin'! That is adorable!

Anonymous said...

another awesome card!

Kristine said...

WOW! This is soooo pretty! Love that effect for the winter sky. Can't wait to try it. You of course make it look amazing!! :) CUTE snowman too and the stickles really adds a lot to this. Awesome job!

Heather said...

Amazing! It looks like Northern lights!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

too adorable Charmaine! I love the bounced background! Im loving that little snowman now Im wishing I would have ordered him! HMMM It may be time to place an order!LOL!

Michele Kovack said...

WOW! This came out great! Such a cool effect!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That card is GORGEOUS! I love it!!

Rose Ann said...

You did a wonderful job with this challenge!! This looks amazing!! Love that little snowman too!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I have been seeing your bouncing brayer challenge on the blogs. I will have to try this technique. Beautiful card with all the sparkle. i love snowmen!

Bethany Paull said...

That is so cool! I love how you made the blue colors coming out from behind the snowy hill.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails