Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Prettie Wednesday

Today is Wednesday, and time for another Prettie Girls Challenge! Two weeks ago, Joanne challenged us to "Scare" ourselves. We were supposed to use something on our card that scares us. . .either paper that isn't our "norm" or a stamp set that we've never used, etc. For me, it's chipboard and flourishes. I don't know why, but I never use chipboard and flourishes just never look right to me when I use them. So, I used both on this card. I'm still not sure I really like the card, but at least I used two things that scare me! :) Head on over and check out what scares the other Prettie Girls, Alli, Christie, Jillian, Joanne, Julie C., Julie M., and Kristine. Today is Christie's turn to issue a new challenge! Why don't you play along and see what she has in store? Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- True Friend, Priceless (SU); Paper- Apple Cider DS, Wild Wasabi (SU), Chocolate (DCWV); Ink- Chocolate Chip, Really Rust (SU); Accessories- Blossoms & Basics On Board (SU), double stitched ribbon in Wild Wasabi, Martha Steward Brownstone glitter, paper piercer, Making Memories brads.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these Wednesday challenges. Its so fun to get happy mail, and its so great that when Wednesday comes around, I already have material to post! Good job on your scary challenge, see, it wasn't so scary after all was it? And your card came out great! So pretty!

Unknown said...

Really pretty card Charmaine - way to jump in and face your fears!! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love your flourishes and chipboard! Love the stitching and the colors!
Happy Halloween sweet friend! Hugs and smiles

Bev said...

Didn't look like you were scared at all! The card came out great! Wish you could have made it to the class. Best of Health on the "C". I had 2 cause my kids were kindergarteners when they came out! LOL!
Hugs!!

Shannan Teubner said...

So pretty!! You did great!

Alli Miles said...

It's a perfect card! Aren't these challenges great?

Nicole Steele said...

Charmaine, I love how your chipboard turned out! It looks so soft and suede-like. The glitter was a fabbo touch!

Donna Baker said...

looks great! Thank you for my 'thank you' card, Charmaine! It was TOO CUTE and such a nice surprise - Happy Mail!

Jenn in GA said...

i like this card, and i like that i can click on the image and see it close up! would never have known just by looking at the original that that's not stitching up at the top. it's good to challenge ourselves. tfs!

Kelly said...

What a good idea... to use something we are not comfortable using to be creative. It must get the juices flowing. Are you happy with the outcome? I think 'letting go' and just 'going for it' with stamping is a key to creativity. Good for you for doing this! It is a very nice card.

Kelley said...

Love the card! Great colors!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Sounds like a very fun challenge...you did goood!!!

Kristine said...

This is sooo pretty!! I love the colors you used and your flourishes and chipboard looks perfect on here. :)

Heather said...

Very pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails