Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pink

This was for this week's Color Challenge on SCS, to use pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I used a combination of Regal Rose, Purely Pomegranate and Rose Red. . .at least I think that's the color within the Palette O'Prints papers. The layout comes from Julee's Mojo Monday challenge. I used the Winter Wonder set from Verve Visual. I really think the pink snowflakes are cool! The center square was run through the Xyron machine upside down so the front was sticky, then dunked in glitter and bling was added. The Purely Pomegranate "half circle" was added on the right hand side of the card because somehow I smudged black ink over there and didn't have time to start the card over, so I covered it up! Shhhhh! :) This card is VERY sparkly in real life. Thanks for visiting! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Winter Wonder (Verve Visual); Paper- Purely Pomegranate, Palette O'Prints, Regal Rose; Ink- Purely Pomegranate, Versamark; Accessories- scallop circle punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, double stitched ribbon in Purely Pomegranate, bling from Walmart, Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sparkely and pretty! What a nice color combo and very striking with the snowflakes! :)

Nicole Steele said...

I LOVE this card! The 3 colors are gorgeous together and I love your focal panel (with the glitter and bling). This totally caught my eye and I just had to leave you a comment on it. Beautfiul job!

Alhambra Club said...

What a nice and sparkly card,love your color combo and those deep pink snowflakes.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty, Charmaine. Love the deep pink snowflakes... what an effect.

Jenn in GA said...

love this color combo, and i need to try it! i just don't gravitate towards pink. not a girly girl...but this is a beaut!

Kelley said...

I never would have thought to put these colors together, but they look absolutely gorgeous! I will have to try this color combo myself. TFS!

Heather said...

So pretty- I like to see different color snowflakes ;)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! LOVE all the sparkle.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

LOVE the sparkles on this card Charmaine! great color combo too!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh wow! Love the PINK snowflakes! They make me smile!!! And all the sparklies are calling my name. Fantastic card, Charmaine! :)

Tina said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Diane Gilbert said...

Very pretty! I love the bling! I would have never guessed that the circle was to cover up a boo-boo, Glad I'm not the only one that has to do that once in awhile! LOL!

Sherrie said...

Oh I just LOVE pink! This is so pretty! Love the sparkle, layout, well I love it all!

Christi Flores said...

Georgeous!!!

Jill said...

This is really beautiful Charmaine!

Rose Ann said...

I love the sparkle and colors here! Wonderful!

Melissa said...

Simply fabulous!

Deborah said...

Just lovely! Beautiful bling, love the color combo so much! Clever fix with the half circle! Worked out great! Deb

Bethany Paull said...

You post so many gorgeous cards that I can't keep up on just commenting. Maybe I have too many blogs in my Google Reader. But I just love them all. This is wonderful. Love your pink snowflakes.

Kelly said...

Now that's pretty in pink!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I love some snowflakes, but who'dve thought of PINK?! Goes to show there are very few little girls in my life - ha ha! LOVE this card!

Jules said...

I love all things that sparkle! Very nice card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails