Friday, January 29, 2010

I Love You - Bunches


Here's a card I made using the Tree-mendous Love set from Our Craft Lounge. I thought this image would pair up well with the Be Loved Collection from My Mind's Eye. The sweet little hearts in the tree make the image so soft and cute. I colored the image using Copic markers and added a little faux stitching along the right side of the image.

I wanted to share an adorable story with you. Years ago, when Savannah was old enough to talk there were different ways we'd say "I love you." It started out as the regular "I love you" and I would respond "I love you too" and then Savannah would say "I love you too too." LOL There were many different versions in between too. When Arwen was old enough to talk, she would copy her sister. Then one day my husband started saying "I love you bunches" and that escalated to "bunches and bunches" and then Savannah and Arwen would say "I love you bunches and bunches and more bunches." The other day I was putting the girls to bed and I hugged and kissed Arwen and said "Goodnight honey! I love you bunches and bunches and more bunches" and she replied "Mom, I love you so many bunches you can't even count them because you'd get sick!" I bust out laughing and I just had to squeeze her tight. I don't know how she came up with that, but I do know that it melts my heart! I just LOVE that kids say the darndest things!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Tree-mendous Love (Our Craft Lounge); Ink- Burnt Umber (Palette); Paper- Be Loved (My Mind's Eye); Accessories- Copic markers, Berry Sorbet ribbon (PTI), buttons (Foofala), paper piercer; Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

7 comments:

Kim said...

Darling card, love it! And love the story about the "bunches and bunches." We do the "I love you all the way to the moon and back" so my oldest says "Well I love you all the way to Pluto, that's the furthest planet you know, and back." LOL!

Jekka said...

My grandma used to tell me "I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck". Your children will always remember these sayings.
Wonderful cards as always.

Blessings

Radha said...

just started to follow!!!

The Spotted Chick said...

Ahhh, what a cute story and what a beautiful card Charmaine! Love your coloring too!

Alex said...

Oooh, how cute!! I love that set too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Awww what a cutie pie she is!! It just makes the whole day worth it doesn't it?!! Love your pretty card too! :)

Christi Flores said...

Awww!! What a cute story! We do that too! Right now we're on the "I love you more than ____". It's so cute some of the things the boys say!

LOVE this card!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails