Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek - Day 1

It's time again for new stamps from Taylored Expressions! There are three sets releasing this month and today we're sharing the Love Everywhere set with you! It will be available for purchase Thursday, January 7th at 8am PST. For my project for today, Taylor asked the Baker's Dozen to create a Valentine treat that was easy to mass-produce along with a coordinating card. I decided to make rice crispy heart lollipops. I saw this cookie mold in the store around Valentine's Day last year and picked it up. You can use it for cookies and brownies too. As you know from the rice crispy birthday cakes I make for my kids' birthdays, rice crispy treats are the perfect, allergy-friendly treat in this house! They work perfectly for Valentine treats! All I did was cut plain and scallop hearts using the Plain and Scallop Heart Nestabilities, stamp the image and sentiment and attach the hearts to the front of the lollipop and tie on some ribbon! Super simple. . .and something that my kids can definitely help put together. What's even better is that now I have a headstart on my Valentine treats! :) This month's coordinating Valentine Key Ingredients consist of paper from the My Mind's Eye Be Loved Collection along with coordinating Prism cardstock, 5 yards of coordinating ribbon, assorted Valentine chipboard, and a bottle of Stardust Stickles!

Be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has cooked up for you today as well as welcome the two newest additions to the team, Alex Maldonado and Melissa Sauls! We're so excited to have them joining us! There's also a new Guest Designer opportunity and we're very excited to introduce Jeanie Witmer as our first guest designer! Head on over and see the "new look" of the store and blog too! We know you'll love it as much as we do!




Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to come back tomorrow for another sneak peek!

18 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

How FAB Charmaine! LOOOOOOOOVE the idea of rice krispie lollipops (yum!) and the packaging is ADORABLE!!

Taylor said...

How cute, Charmaine! I just love your rice krispie pops!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oooh yummy!!! What a FANTASTIC idea! Those are just perfect little treats and the matching card is just fabby!!! I must admit...I'd love to get my hands on one of your treats! :)

Karen Giron said...

Rice Krispy Hearts!!! LOVE that idea and what a cute way to package them all up!

Jackie Pedro said...

Holy moly.....one of my favorite treats, Charmaine! These are just adorable and I love your card!

Laura.K said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Sankari W. said...

These are sooo cute CHarmaine! I LOVE the idea of rice krispies on a lollipop!!! That is awesome and your card is simply perfect!! Love the chipboard - soooo sweet and perfect!!! You always rock it!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

Unknown said...

YUMMMMMM!! I LOVE RCTreats! This is just adorable!!:)

Karen Motz said...

Sigh...not only did you decorate that cute little treat, but you actually MADE the rice krispie treat too! I wanna be one of your kids!! LOL!! The heart shape is so perfect and looks fab with your heart card!!

Danni said...

How sweet! Awesome projects!
I made rice krispie treats for my kids at xmas...I'm the only one eating them! LOL!

jan metcalf said...

Adorable treats! More great ideas!

Denise Marzec said...

LOOOOVIN' the idea for the rice crispy treats with the heart punches. I'll have to keep that one in mind for sure! Too cute, Charmaine!

Unknown said...

Fabulous, Charmaine! Love the heart shaped rice krispie treats!!!

Anonymous said...

Now that is a great idea for the rice krispie's! you are so smart!

Mary Jane said...

Great card and love the idea for the treats. My 5 year old DD also has food allergies so Rice Krispies Treats are big at our house too. What a great idea to make them a little more special. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn Easton said...

YUMMY! Charmaine, these are beautiful! Love the treat idea!!!

Donna Baker said...

YUUUUM! these treats are so sweet, I love your packaging and your card is just divine!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Clever, cute and yummy Charmaine!! Love this project!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails