Sunday, January 31, 2010

You Lift Me Up

I'm always trying to find ways to "spice up" a one layer card. As much as I like to add buttons, ribbon or brads, I find that sometimes those items keep me from mailing a card. A nice, flat one layer is easy and only requires one stamp!

For this card I used the Cuppie Love Scenes set from Taylored Expressions. To "spice it up", I used the Large Labels Nestabilities die to create an embossed border around the image. I used a border punch to add a little border along the bottom of the card. To add some simple color, I paper pieced the balloon using coordinating patterns of paper. What kinds of things do you do to "spice up" your one layer card?

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Cuppie Love Scenes (Taylored Expressions); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paper- Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Soft Sky (SU), Blossoms & Butterflies Stack (DCWV); Accessories- Large Labels Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Border punch (SU), Copic markers; Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love how this turned out. The embossed area around the image looks so elegant. I don't have a die cut machine to help me do this, but I am shopping around for a cuttlebug. One day though...=)A girl can dream right.

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful!! I love how you added color to the punched border also!!

Carly said...

This is so sweet! I love the beautiful clean and elegant design with such a fun and bright image. Beautiful!

Karen Motz said...

Darling Charmaine!!! LOVE the paper pieced balloon!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails