Monday, January 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop

It has been a long while since I've been able to participate in one of the Papertrey Ink Blog Hops, but tonight I was inspired and I had some extra time! I love it when those two things coincide. :) This month's challenge was to create a card that has the "total package". . .decorating the interior of the card, back of the card or even the envelope.







I don't usually decorate or even stamp in the inside of my cards. I use all that space to write! :) This was a nice challenge for me and what I came up with is totally me! I used my favorite PTI set, Little Lady. I paired it up with some Spellbinders dies and a QuicKutz embossing folder to come up with this. I used the Nested Flower die along with Plain and Scallop Circle Nestabilities to create the flower with Lemon Tart and Bitty Dot Basics paper. The Blush Blossom background piece is embossed using the Polka Dots embossing folder. I stamped part of the sentiment along with a few dots from the "dot" stamp in the set and stamped the other part of the sentiment on the inside of the card. The ladybug's trail leads her from the front of the card to the inside. Since I stamped the front and inside of the card, I had to do the back too! :) I hope you've been as inspired as I have to decorate the inside of your card! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Little Lady (Papertrey Ink); Ink- Blush Blossom, Berry Sorbet (PTI), Onyx Black (Versafine); Paper- Blush Blossom, Bitty Dot Basics, Lemon Tart (PTI); Accessories- Nested Flower die, Plain and Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz), Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU); Finished card measures 4.25" square

38 comments:

Alex said...

It's gorgeous Charmaine!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Cindy O'Donnell said...

That's great!

Jennifer Holmes said...

This is so sweet! I love that great big flower. This set is one of my early favorites. Thanks for reminding me that I need to pull it out again!

Unknown said...

So totally adorable!! I need to pull that cute set out - love those colors together!! :)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Such a lovely card. The ladybug trail is so much fun. Way to rock the blog hop challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Cathy Weber said...

As usual your card is really, really pretty. I love the inside.

Heather P. said...

This is so totally adorable! LOVE it! :)

mimi said...

Oh your card is super sweet. I have seen several ladies use this stamp set tonight--I think it is a must for my wish list :) I really like the way you combined so many elements---quickutz, spellbinders and PTI all three my favorites. I love the soft colors too. Very Pretty!!!
Mimi~

Sue Lelli said...

I used to live in Pittsburgh!! LOVE your card! It is super adorable!!!

Frogwoman said...

What a fun card!

Rhonda said...

Love the soft colors!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card! I love how you carried the trail all the way through the inside of the card!

Unknown said...

It's great! My DD's symbol at school is the ladybug, so this is hard to resist :)

Serendipity said...

I love how you did your ladybug in pink instead of red! So cUtE!!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

sweet card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love it! Reminds me of Spring!

Rebecca said...

I really like the ladybug's trail going on into the middle. And the colors are so pretty!

BethieJ said...

SO CUTE! Love that ladybug!

Kay D said...

I love this- it's just so sweet and happy!

Deb C said...

Your little ladybugs are just adorable.

TFS!

Deanna said...

So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Darling! This is a set I'm unfamiliar with so now I'm off to check it out!

Babies-Beth said...

Oohh, I always forget that sentiment is in there, and is just perfect for baby cards! Thanks for the cutest little card ever!

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful card ........

Karin said...

Such a happy card! I love your inside too!

Cammie said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for the inspiration.

Sharron said...

This is so sweet! Love the soft colors and your pink ladybug!

Marge said...

Totally sweet & sooo adorable!!!

Terri said...

Very cute!

Lea L. said...

This is so super cute!! I love the soft spring colors you used, and that cute bug!! Great job!

♥Lea

Lisa H. said...

ooooo! fabulous colors on this-soft and pretty and perfect with LIttle Lady!

Juanita B said...

I LOVE your colors and layout, what an adorable card! TFS.

ps. EVERY time I see a ladybug be it real, on paper, or anything I think of you.

Jenna Millsap said...

OMG! This is so super cute! Love it!!

Elizabeth S. said...

Such a sweet card! Love it.

Heidi said...

Oh this is so sweet! I love the way you did the inside. Also the ladybug is darling on the yellow flower!

Melissa said...

So cute! Those little ladybugs are adorable!

Aimes said...

I'm hopping a little later than normal! Your project is so sweet! I love the subtle colours and the way the sentiment continues on the inside - great job!
x

Mary said...

So soft and pretty......just love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails