Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Love Is Take Two


Back in October, I made a card using the Love Is stamp from Paper Pretties. It was perfect for "the bride" and you can see that card HERE. I gave that card to one of my daughter's teachers in an all occasion card gift set for Christmas. When we went back to school in January, she came out to tell me how much she LOVED that card and if it would be possible to make a few more. She mentioned that she wanted to give one to her niece and one to her niece's boyfriend. She didn't ask for a masculine version, but I thought he might appreciate a more manly version! :) This is what I came up with. Rather than the Damask embossing folder I used in the first, I used the Pajama Stripe Cuttlebug folder. Instead of the rounded Labels Nine Nestabilities, I used the squared off Labels Two Nestabilities. I also left off the glitter and exchanged pearls for brushed silver brads. Next to each other, the cards look like they could walk down the aisle themselves! LOL It's amazing how the look of a card can change so much by changing angles and embellishments!
Thanks for letting me share with you! Hope you're having a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Love Is (Paper Pretties); Ink- Wheat (VersaMagic); Paper- Kraft, True Black (PTI), white (Georgia-Pacific); Accessories- Pajama Stripe Cuttlebug folder (Provocraft), Labels Two Nestabilities (Spellbinders), brushed silver brads (Making Memories); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card or should I say handsome! :) Wonderful details!! :)

Chris K said...

Both versions are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

I just love this card, both versions. I tried to find the stamp on their website but could not find it. I would love to have this stamp. Any help would be great. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent and caring spirit.

Jana Weaver said...

LOVE this more manly version of the card...great job!!!

scrappingnana said...

Both cards are great. Love the pink one. TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails