Monday, June 8, 2009

Impression Obsession Week at Stamper's Dream!

This week is Impression Obsession Week at Stamper's Dream! The Dream Team will be featuring some of the latest releases from Impression Obsession.

For my card today, I used the Water Mill Cling stamp. It's not my usual "cutesy" image, but I just loved it when I first saw it. I originally started off making a card with no coloring at all. . .just this image framed in some way, but then I started coloring and ended with a totally different finished product. I used watercolor paper and stamped the image in Burnt Umber Palette ink. I used Stampin' Up ink pads and an Aquapainter to color in the image. Then I cut another piece of watercolor paper and cut an oval from it using my Coluzzle to make a frame. I distressed the frame with scissors and ink and mounted it over the colored image using dimensionals. You can't see it very clearly in the picture, but the colored image is recessed a bit within the frame. A very simple, aged card that makes me think of "old times".

Here is the schedule for the week of who is posting when. You won't want to miss any of the Dream Team's gorgeous creations!

Monday - Laurie, Kimberly, Michelle and me
Tuesday - Cammie, Denise, Michelle
Wednesday - Laurie, Tosh, Michelle
Thursday - Becca, Denise, Kimberly, Michelle
Friday - Tosh, Kimberly, Michelle

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Water Mill (Impression Obsession), Expressions (Inkadinkado); Ink- Burnt Umber (Palette), Whisper White Craft, Earth Tones (SU); Paper- watercolor paper (Aquarelle), Dark Chocolate (PTI); Accessories- Coluzzle, aquapainter, Chocolate Chip grosgrain (SU); Finished card measures 4.25"x5.5"

9 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love the look of this card!! I have some covered bridge stamps that I will stamp and color in a similiar way. Thank you for the inspiration!!!!!

Unknown said...

Even though this isn't your *usual style* it's simply stunning! I love the soft colors, the distressing and the oval frame. Beautiful work, Charmaine!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

this is lovely!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my GOSH, CHARMAINE! I love love LOVE the look of this card! Wowie, girl!

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! Absolutely stunning!!

Alex said...

HOLY MOLY girl!! This is stunning!!! Just absolutely gorgeous Charmaine! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tosha Leyendekker said...

LOVE this image Charmaine!! I'm a huge covered bridge fan, and I used to collect swans. You did a fabulous job showcasing this beautiful scene!! Welcome to the world of distressing!! *grin* You ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, I love the dreamy vintage look of the water mill. You sure rocked it!
--Becca

Carolyn King said...

FAbulous...love that distressed circle framing this image....beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails