Friday, June 19, 2009

Weekend Sketch Challenge #85

Time for the Weekend Sketch Challenge! This week's sketch is being hosted by Sharon, so please head over to her blog to see the sketch and play along! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword WSC85.


For my card, I used the Sandy Sunsets set from Our Craft Lounge as well as this week's Color Challenge on SCS, to use Baja Breeze, Ruby Red and Whisper White. As a finishing touch, I added some "stitch" lines around the focal image using a white gel pen.


Be sure and visit Cambria, Jenn, Laurie, Lori, Mary Jo and Sharon to see their beautiful creations using this sketch! I can't wait! Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Sandy Sunsets (Our Craft Lounge); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine); Paper- Ruby Red, Baja Breeze (SU), white (Georgia-Pacific); Accessories- Plain Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders),button (Foofala), hemp, flower (GinaK Designs), white gel pen; Finished card measures 4.25" square

16 comments:

Laurie Schmidlin said...

I LOVE your card, Charmaine!! The colors are just gorgeous together...and the images you used are so fun!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Great card, Charmaine! Love that beacy sunset image and the colors you chose are so calming!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love the image you used as the focal point!

Dana White said...

Love your card - I hope I get to play along with this sketch!

Memories of Time said...

WHITE! OMGosh... I never could have made that work and you ROCKED it! How cool is this... you are brilliant!

Alex said...

Ooh, love this card Charmaine, you totally ROCKED the sketch, girl!!! That image is fabulous!! I hope you have a great weekend, now off to check out what else I missed on your blog this week! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Connie M. said...

This is so very pretty, Charmaine!! I wanna be there right now!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the white stitching along that gorgeous breezy blue Charmaine!! This card is just so serene and charming!! Love the colors!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

AWESOME card - love how you put the colors together - GREAT!

Mandy said...

Love this. :) The distressed edges are awesome!

Pam Speidel said...

Happy Aloha Friday Charmaine! Beautiful card that makes me dream of Hawaii. Love it! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Love THIS set with THOSE colors! Perfection!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So cute, wish I was there!!

Bethany Paull said...

I love how you 'stitched' OUTSIDE the circle. And the blue distressed layered on the blue bg is beautiful and calming.

Andrea Walford said...

Super card! So tropical...lovely colour scheme!

Jodi Collins said...

This is AWESOME Charmaine! These colors are dreamy together and I LOVE these stamps!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails