Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Miss You Like Crazy

The latest Viva la Verve Challenge with a twist was to use something "new". For my card, I used some new patterned paper that I bought a while ago at Costco. . .I just don't know who actually makes the paper. It came in a really nice expandable file and there's TONS of it! The other "new" thing on my card is my Labels 4 Nestabilities!

I used the Up Up and Away set from Verve Stamps. I decided to do some paper piecing on my hot air balloon rather than color it in. I like how it ties the background to the image. After I cut the image using the Labels 4 Nestabilities, I sponged with some So Saffron ink to give some dimension. For the sentiment I used an older Verve set called Heartfelt Phrases. Thanks for stopping by today! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Up Up and Away, Heartfelt Phrases (Verve Stamps); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), So Saffron (SU); Paper- Blue Bayou, So Saffron (SU), patterned paper from Costco; Accessories- ribbon (SU), border punch (EK Success), paper piercer, white gel pen, Labels 4 Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Finished card measures 4.25"x5.5

9 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Love the paper piecing on this card! Awesome card!

Alex said...

Beautiful paper piecing Charmaine, I love this card!! Fab new nesties, I need to go and check them out.....stop enabling me, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Oh Charmaine - I just LOVE your stamping! WOW WOW WOW!

Christi Flores said...

OMG you are KILLING me! I want this set SOOO bad and this GORGEOUS card doesn't help! LOL Awesome!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love that main panel with the glow around the ballon, and that DP from Costco is awesome!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely adorable, Charmaine! Love the sentiment you paired the balloon with and all those clouds are just dreamy!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very pretty!!

Bethany Paull said...

Great job with this sketch. I LOVE the wavy border. All around fab card.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Darling!! LOVE the pieced balloon!! Your colors are just so soothing!! And the border...way cool with the papers and balloon image!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails