Sunday, June 14, 2009

Miss You


Don't you love when you can make a card using JUST an "accessories" set? I do. I feel like I get more use out of the set rather than ONLY when I have the set that it's an accessory to as well! LOL For my card today, I used the Beary Special Accessories set from Taylored Expressions. What's even better about this set is that the purchase of the Beary Special Accessories set benefits the Hospital for Sick Children. The Hospital for Sick Children (Sick Kids) is a health-care community dedicated to improving the health of children. Their mission is to provide the best in family-centered, compassionate care, to lead in scientific and clinical advancement, and to prepare the next generation of leaders in child health. The hospital is located in Canada, but is known around the world for its innovation and leadership in research.

For each Beary Special Accessories stamp set sold during June, July, and August, Taylored Expressions will donate $4.00 to Sick Kids. Isn't that awesome? Just remember, in order to cut down on the manufacturing costs and donate more, these stamps will have to be trimmed when you receive them unlike other Taylored Expressions sets. I used the May 20th Key Ingredients Kit for my card. I paper pieced the suitcase with the different patterned papers, then drew a box around the image and stamped the sentiment.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by to visit! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Beary Special Accessories (Taylored Expressions); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paper- May 2oth Key Ingredients (Taylored Expressions), Basic Black (SU); Accessories- Dew Drops from May 20th Key Ingredients (Taylored Expressions), paper piercer, Old Olive marker (SU); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

6 comments:

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Sweet card. I totally agree about using accessories. You make everything look so easy!

Bethany Paull said...

Very nice. I really like the hand drawn box with sentiment. I'll have to remember to try that soon.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally adorable Charmaine!!

Alex said...

Really cute Charmaine! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Christi Flores said...

Too cute!! Love the stitching!

Rose Ann said...

I love your pieced suitcase, drawn box, and your stitching!! Great card, Charmaine!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails