Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today I have a card that I submitted for the Go To Sketches call at Paper Crafts.  It wasn't accepted, but I'm participating in the Reject Blog Hop over at Amber's blog!  There are LOTS of gorgeous cards posted over there that make you scratch your head and say "why wasn't that accepted?" !!  You should definitely check it out!  I haven't been able to submit in a long while due to lack of time.  So, it felt good to be able to submit this time. . .even if my card wasn't accepted.  Am I disappointed?  A little, but remember, my whole life before kids was spent in the theater world, so I'm quite familiar with rejection!  LOL  Unfortunately you see more rejection than acceptance in both places, so I guess theater toughened my skin a bit.  ;) 

For this card, I used the new Pennant Banner A la Carte stamp and Coordinating Die.  The border used the Small Scallop Border die.  The sentiment is from the It's a Banner Day 1 set.  This was for Sketch #83.  Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!



9 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is soooo cute! Love the colors, they are so bright and fun and.... happy! Thanks for the inspiration!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

So fun! Great take on the sketch!

Basement Stamper said...

love the colored polka dots on this card and the banners are great.

Michelle Woerner said...

Total cuteness girl! I love how you did the sketch. I didnt' do this sketch, but this is better than anything I could have done!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a great card! I love the banners!

Kathy Martin said...

Very cool! Love the polka dots and banner!

Glenda J said...

Love the fun colours and the flag banner is fantastic!

Lea L. said...

This is so cute!! I just love the darling banners!! Great job! ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

Totally cute!! YEA you for submitting - I got rejections too! :) Good news for the magazine is that they have SO many submissions now and it can only hold so much greatness. miss you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails