Thursday, March 24, 2011

Make It Monday - Copics on Colored Cardstock


Here's a little card I created for this week's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink.  The challenge was to color with Copic markers on colored cardstock.  I added a little paper piecing into the mix.  I stamped the sailboat from Bitty Baby Blessings onto Soft Stone, Harvest Gold and Pure Poppy cardstock.  I colored the sail on the Soft Stone cardstock with my T1 and T2 Copics to add some depth to the sail.  I colored the flag on the Pure Poppy cardstock with my R39 Copic and cut it out and adhered it onto the Soft Stone sailboat.  Last, I colored the Harvest Gold boat using my Y35 Copic along with my Colorless Blender.  I cut the boat part out and adhered it to the Soft Stone sailboat.

I mounted the Soft Stone sailboat onto Stamper's Select White cardstock and added some "waves" using the Rickrack Border die.  I scored a box around the sailboat using my ScorPal.  I stamped the sentiment in Onyx Black Versafine.

Thanks for stopping by!  You can view all of the entries for this week's challenge HERE.  Have a great day!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Onyx Black (Versafine); Paper- Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Soft Stone, Stamper's Select White (PTI); Accessories- Copic markers, Rickrack Border die (PTI), ScorPal;  Finished card measures 4.25" square

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card!

Rose Ann said...

This is just precious, and I love your waves!! So clean and perfect!!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

So cute! The rick rack for the waves is perfect!

Tigriswillreign said...

I love how you used the rickrack here! Must try this!

kasia c. said...

This is soooooo adorable. I love the tiny little focal point and how you framed it with scoring! LOVE it! :)

Beate said...

So soft and pretty! Beautiful card.
Hugs and smiles

Carla Cabrera said...

Simple and nice...just the way i like them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails