Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You Are a Treasure

This week's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink is Distressing Edges.  I don't always think to distress edges.  Sometimes I'll get on a kick and distress an edge here and there, but it's been a while since I've distressed a lot of a card.  I used the Signature Series: Dress Form set for my card along with the Background Basics: Newsprint.  The newsprint was stamped on a white piece of cardstock and then I distressed the edges using the Tea Dye Duo of Chamomile and Chai.  Then I took my scissors and distressed the edges of the cardstock to give the "newspaper" an old, worn feel. 

I die cut the dress form from the polka dot patterned paper in the Beautiful Blooms pad using the Dress Form Die.  Then I stamped the dress form in black ink and mounted it on the card.  The polka dot band going across the card is also distressed on the one side. 

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you're having a fabulous day!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Signature Series: Dress Form; Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Tea Dye Duo (PTI); Paper- Pure Poppy, Beautiful Blooms (PTI); Accessories:  Dress Form Die (PTI), scissors, Vintage Sparkler (Webster's Pages), circle punch (SU); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is so fun! I love that newsprint and dressform together! Great card!

Elizabeth S. said...

I love the newsprint set with the distressing. Such a great card!

Maureen said...

love this Charmaine!! My fav pti colour!! I am still waiting for my order!! it's been 3 weeks!! Your card is making me drool waiting for it!

Elena said...

gorgeous! great use of the newsprint background!

Kelly S. said...

Oh your newsprint background is so authentic! Love how you paired it with the dress form for such a fun vintage card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails