Sunday, March 27, 2011

Think Spring

It was so nice chatting with those of you who came to the Verve Release party on Friday!  Today, there is an After Party happening on the Verve Blog!  In case you missed the release, there are some adorable new sets and some fabulous new dies!  You can check it all out HERE!

The card I'm sharing with you today uses two of my favorite things, well, actually three. . .Verve stamps, a coordinating Verve die and embossing folders!  The butterfly is from the Chicks Rule set and I used it with the coordinating Flutterby Die

I stamped the butterfly twice.  Once onto white cardstock and once onto Sweet Blush.  I cut out the center on the Sweet Blush cardstock and embossed it using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I paper pieced that section over the center of the white butterfly.  I added some bling to the center too! 

The background was embossed using the Butterfly embossing folder from Darice.  I didn't even know Darice made embossing folders.  I just happened to see them on the latest visit to my local craft store.  I picked up quite a few adorable ones!  (tsk tsk) LOL

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful Sunday!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Chicks Rule, Egg-stra Special (Verve Stamps); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Berry Sorbet (PTI); Paper- white (Georgia-Pacific), Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush (PTI);  Accessories- bling (Taylored Expressions), Swiss Dots Embossing folder (Provocraft), Butterfly Embossing folder, ribbon (Darice);  Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"


6 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This card is seriously gorgeous, Charmaine. Now whenever I see an embossing folder at the store I always wonder what amazing thing you would do with it! You have such a gift for making those folders come to life. And the pop of pink butterfly is the perfect touch! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning easy card! Sometimes I look at all the beautiful cards online and get a little discouraged because they look like they take so much time, but not this one. Thank you so much for sharing and I really love your work. Take care and have a good week. Robin Barwacz galfriday8@sbcglobal.net

Jen Shults said...

This is really gorgeous! I love the embossing with the pop of pink... it makes for a gorgeous card!

Beate said...

GORGEOUS card, Charmaine. Love all that white that really draws attention to your butterfly. LOVE the embossed background. Wonderful card.
Hugs and smiles

Jessie/knightrone said...

So soft and pretty!!

Anonymous said...

This one is beautiful too! See what happens when I don't visit your blog on a regular basis, you get too many comments from me! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails