Thursday, March 10, 2011

Love You To My Core

I am posting so late today.  This is actually the first I've been able to create, take a picture and put together a blog post today.  That's okay, though, because I got A LOT done otherwise!  I made a card using the Falling For You set from Paper Smooches.  This is the first time I"ve used the apple image.  I just think it's so cute.  I used some paper from the Cherry Hill Collection from October Afternoon.  I stamped the apple onto Pure Poppy cardstock and different patterned papers in the Cherry Hill Collection and paper pieced. 

I curved the sentiment on the block to fit the curve of the apple and stamped it onto some light blue cardstock.  The little heart was stamped on patterned paper, cut out and I added a button.  To finish the card off, I sewed some spots and distressed the edges of the red cardstock with scissors.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you're having a great day!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Falling For You (Paper Smooches); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Pure Poppy (PTI); Paper- Cherry Hill Colleciton (October Afternoon), Pure Poppy (PTI), Soft Sky (SU);  Accessories- buttons (PTI), hemp;  Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

8 comments:

Kristie W. said...

This is SOO cute! I love the patterned apple and all the distressing you did!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This card is adorable! That is one of my favorite papers of all time and you used it so perfectly...really nice. Made me smile!

Kathy Martin said...

Love this!

Basement Stamper said...

love the paper pieced apple and the curved sentiment.

April said...

Great card! So bright and cheery!

Donna Baker said...

this is so sweet! love the torn edges and little bits of sewing & paper-pieced apple

Unknown said...

Very very cute!! love the stitching on it too!! :)

Ashley M said...

I love all the pink and red! So pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails