Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Make It Monday - Impression Plate Tricks #1


This week's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink was to use an impression plate to partially "impress" your project.  I used the Picnic Plaid Impression Plate along with my Grand Calibur.  The reason I didn't use my Cuttlebug was because I needed more space since I was going diagonal across the card.  I scored lines at the edge of the impressions to accentuate a panel to stamp my sentiment.  The sentiment is from the Spiral Bouquet set. 

I die cut two butterflies, one from Berry Sorbet and one from the Pretty Pastels Collection using the Butterfly die and the butterfly from the Love Lives Here Collection.  I layered the butterflies and attached them to the card front.  I mounted that piece onto Smokey Shadow cardstock and added some bling and paper piercings for a flight trail. 

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No fair - you get all the new toys first!! LOL! :) Lovely card my friend!!

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely, stylish card and the embossing is great.

Elizabeth S. said...

This is so pretty! I love how you did the embossing.

Beate said...

Charmaine, that looks wonderful! Miss you my friend!
Hugs and smiles

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails