Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sweet Dreams Baby

I was going through my Google Reader this morning and saw that my sweet, sweet friend Beate posted a beautiful photo for inspiration and an invitation to cyber-stamp with her and Jenn.  I used to stamp with these gals all the time and REALLY miss Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge that we used to do together, so I just HAD to play along!  :) 

When I tackle an inspiration challenge, I am usually very literal.  If the photo has flowers. . .I use flower stamps.  If the photo has square and rectangle shapes, I use square and rectangle shapes.  I decided to break out of that for this challenge.  So, I took the colors and the layout from the inspiration photo.  I used the Circus Circus set from Our Craft Lounge for my card.  It is one of the newest releases from Our Craft Lounge.  I colored the giraffe and hippo using Copics in colors from the inspiration photo.  I die cut the image using the Beaded Oval Nestabilities and then die cut the same frame in Wild Wasabi cardstock.  I cut out the "beaded" part of the die cut and attached it over the original.  The pink cardstock is embossed using the Elegant Lines embossing folder from Stampin' Up.  If you look at the inspiration photo closely, you can see that the pink tablecloth has an embossed pattern on it.  Finally, I sewed around the card and tied some ribbon.  So, are YOU going to play along with the inspiration photo?  I hope so!

Thanks for stopping by and have a BEAUTIFUL day!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Circus Circus (Our Craft Lounge); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paper- Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Summer Sun (SU); Accessories- Copic markers, Beaded Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon, Elegant Lines embossing folder (SU), white gel pen;  Finished card measures 4.25"x5.5"

5 comments:

Beate said...

Charmaine, that's the cutest card ever! Love the images you chose, love how you framed the layer, LOVE your stitching and embossing! AWESOME!

Thanks for cyber stamping with me. I miss our challenge days.
Hugs and smiles

Jodi Collins said...

This is ADORABLE Charmaine! LOVE these sweet little animals!

Carmen said...

What a cute card! I am afraid of inspiration challenges, because I can't translate that into a card... I feel like I need to copy the picture! I admire how you used the colors from the pic and the oval shape created by the flowers!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh, Charmaine! How cute!!!

Queen Mary said...

Charmaine, I love the sherbet colors you used! I'm going to try that combo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails