Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Day!

Today's card has a bit of an odd color combo. LOL The papers are all pastels with a darker ribbon treatment. Sometimes I like to try different things rather than just the "usual". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't decided on this one yet! :) I used the Funny Eggs image from Penny Black along with some Prism Papers. . .all of which can be found at Stamper's Dream. The Prism Papers I used are Iced Kiwi, Frosted Orange and Iced Pink.

Hope you're having a wonderful day today! The weather is supposed to be nice here today and I can't wait! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Funny Eggs (Penny Black), Thoughtful Messages (Hero Arts); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paper- Iced Kiwi, Frosted Orange, Iced Pink (Prism Papers), white (Georgia-Pacific); Accessories- Copic markers, grosgrain, Lace Apron border punch (Fiskars); Finished card measures 4.25" square

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charm - I know what you mean about the unusual color combo but interestingly enough this one works beautifully. What a great card!

Rose Ann said...

Adorable chickens, Charmaine!! Great job with your coloring, and I love your layout and color combo!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oooooh, I love this image. Michelle just sent me a couple of these...now I totally need to color them and make then into something. SO ADORABLE!

Christi Flores said...

This is so stinkin' cute!!!

Alex said...

Ooh, I love it - I think it definitely works!! Very cute images too, made me laugh!! Great card, Charmaine! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What a cute card! I think the colours work too.

Unknown said...

Totally cute!! That image is a riot! :)

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Very Cute card!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Jodi Collins said...

SUPER cute Charmaine! LOVE this image and I really LOVE the dark ribbon with the light papers!!! AWESOME border too!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails