Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Prettie Wednesday

Two weeks ago, Jackie challenged the Prettie Girls to make a quilted card. I've never done one of those before, so hopefully this works! :) I always loved the look of quilted squares and this technique really helps with using up some smaller scraps of paper! I used the Cuddle Me Sophia stamp from Paper Pretties with some heart Nestabilities and Nana's Nursery Stack paper scraps. The most time consuming part was all of the faux stitching around each square. Be sure to see what the other Prettie Girls have created for today's challenge! I'm sure they'll all be wonderful!

Julie Masse
Jessie Rone
Jana Weaver
Danielle Lounds
Jodi Collins
Jackie Rakoski
Jackie Pedro
Jessica Diedrich
Christi Thorsen
Frances Byrne

SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Cuddle Me Sophia (Paper Pretties); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paper- Nana's Nursery Stack (DCWV), Pink Pirouette (SU); Accessories- Copic markers, Plain Heart and Scallop Heart Nestabilities (Spellbinders), paper piercer, white gel pen, Celery wide grosgrain (SU); Finished card measures 4.25" square

17 comments:

Amy said...

oh, Charmaine! This is so super duper sweet! I love the patchwork quilt effect of your card, it really is fabulous!

Michele Kovack said...

I love the look of this!!!! So pretty and cozy looking!!!!

StampOwl said...

so pretty

Unknown said...

Absolutely perfect!! SO soft and pretty - love it!!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Charmaine!! SO soft and springy...I am totally casing this!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

SO sweet, Charmaine!!!

Jana Weaver said...

this is so sweet Charlie...love the colors, and the heart nestie is so cute on here!!

Laura Evangeline said...

I love this!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty and sweet, Charmaine!! I love your patchwork background!! Perfect!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That is a really sweet card - love the colours you've chosen!

Christi Flores said...

This is fantastic!! Absolutely adorable!!

Melissa said...

So very sweet Charmaine.,,,,and so inspiring I have to do some spring like cards myself!

Many Blessings,
M.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so perfect and TOTALLY cute Charmaine!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is the cutest! WOW! LOVE IT!

Jackie said...

This is just darling! Excellent job with the challenge, glad to hear you had so much fun!

Danielle L. said...

ahhhh.... this is the pretties and softest card! Love the quilting and the heart cutout!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I would say this works! I love the square panels and I would say it is very quilty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails