Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cards for a Cause


Fellow Verve Diva, Jen Tapler, is hosting a challenge on her blog with over $250 worth of blog candy up for grabs. You can read all the details HERE. Jen’s father has Alzheimer’s Disease and by participating in her challenge, you will be helping benefit the Alzheimer’s Association. All you have to do is create a card, post a photo of it with a link back to Jen’s challenge, and then mail Jen the card. In May, to kick off her Annual Stamp Out Alzheimer’s Event, Jen will be hosting a charity auction where she will be auctioning off decorated Card Organizer tins full of our handcrafted cards. The money from those auctions will go directly to the Alzheimer’s Association. I participate in challenges all the time, it is so nice to know that with this one, I will be contributing to such an important and worthwhile cause. I hope you will join me in making a card and sending it along to Jen. :) I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch for this card.SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Floral Symphony (Verve Stamps); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), So Saffron (SU), New Leaf (PTI); Paper- white (Georgia-Pacific), Basic Black, Delicate Dots DS (SU); Accessories- border punch (EK Success), ribbon (Darice), Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

19 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Charmaine, this is GORGEOUS!! I didn't think I needed that Fleur de Lis punch, but I think I do!!! LOL!~

Kimberly Crawford said...

beautiful!!!!!!

Karen Giron said...

Beautiful card, Charmaine! I'm with Jackie - that punch is too cute on this card!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is so regal! BR-T

Christi Flores said...

I am definitely joining you and LOVEEE this card! Wow!!!!

Alex said...

this is gorgeous Charmaine! I love the black accents, just beautiful! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jen Tapler said...

Thanks so much Charmaine!! This card is BEAUTIFUL as always!!! I appreciate so much your support in helping me spread the word!!! {{hugs}}

Denise Marzec said...

I LOVE this card...the yellow/black combo, the clean lines, and beautiful stamp. This new Verve flower keeps catching my eye on all the blogs.

Libby Hickson said...

Oh Charmaine, such a BEAUTIFUL card!!!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine! This is lovely! Jen will get lots of amazing cards!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So elegant. Love the crisp feel to it, and the color combo is awesome. Thanks for playing, Charmaine! :)

Anonymous said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CARD!

Kristine said...

OH WOW...super pretty!! Love how you paper pieced the flowers and popped them up!! Verve has the best sentiments too--love the font! Great card ☺
xx

Anonymous said...

well hello Charmaine I lost you somehow, but what a surprise to find you again. Your card is gorgeous I really love the elegance of it. TFS ~Donna

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey sweet friend!!! Your Mojo card is fabulous!!! So striking!!!

Hope you are doing well, miss you all!!! Hugs ~S~

Jodi Collins said...

STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING...not a shock at all....you ROCK gf!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I adore your color choices. I love the way you used the border punch as well.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning Charmaine!!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Great design - love the border and the colours, well done

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails