Saturday, March 28, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge 2

Dawn McVey (such a sweetie!) just recently started her own color challenges and I was inspired to play along today when I saw her awesome color combo! It was to use Brown, Teal, Celery and White. I used my Anniversary Set, Everyday Classics, that arrived from Papertrey Ink and I thought it would be perfect! You can't really tell, but I used Sweet Blush on the cherry to give it a little bit of color but I think the glitter makes it look more white. Oh well, it still fits the color combo, right? :) There are also clear embossed polka dots on the card base. . .don't know if you can see those either.

If you get a chance, check out Dawn's Color Challenges. . .I know you'll LOVE them! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Everyday Classics, Polka Dot Basics (PTI); Ink- Burnt Umber (Palette), Taken With Teal, Certainly Celery (SU), Sweet Blush (PTI), Versamark (Tsukineko); Paper- Teal, Kiwi (Prism Papers), white (Georgia-Pacific); Accessories- ribbon (May Arts), clear embossing powder; Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

19 comments:

Agus said...

so sweet card!! you used the color combo so well. nice job!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome colors, and I love that your card base is polka dotted. It's a real nice extra detail!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your ribbon, polka dots and the sparkly cherry. Way to go on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Stacey Schafer said...

adorable! I love the rounded corners:)

CherylQuilts said...

Love these colors, and the card is fabulous!

Meda said...

I really love the sentiment on this card!
Meda

Anonymous said...

I am on my way to Char's today to pick up my Anniversary set! Can't wait to see it! I don't even know what it looks like! Well done on the colours my friend!

Carolyn King said...

super cute---love the pop of teal!

danni reid. said...

a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e, ♥ it!

Andrea said...

This is so cute.

Rose Ann said...

Your cupcake looks yummy, Charmaine!! Great job with the color challenge!!

Natasha said...

This is absolutely adorable!

Winter said...

Very pretty! Love the cupcake!

Gwen said...

beautiful use of the colors! Love the cupcake!! I have not had a chance to ink mime up yet!!! :(

Inspired Scrapper said...

Love the yummy cupcake

Sankari W. said...

Charmaine - you are such an amazing artiste - LOVE those embossed polka dots at the bottom - it is just beautiful! Your whole card is just beautiful!!! as always!!!
Sending you LOTS of cupcake wishes and hugs!
Sankari :)

shelley- aka hairchick said...

Great Cupcake :)

Unknown said...

beautiful card!! I love the colors and the design! :)

Donna Baker said...

what a great card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails