Friday, November 2, 2007

Beate Weekend Sketch Challenge #26

It's Friday and time for another one of Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenges! I really liked this sketch because it's something that's different for me. I decided to use my Simply Sent Sending Happy Thoughts card kit from Stampin' Up. I finished all of the cards that came with the kit and had a few pieces of cardstock left over as well as ribbon, brads and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I really LOVE this set. I love the two-tone image you get in one stamping step! I think I'll use this stamp set over and over again. For this card, I stamped a bunch of the flowers across the focal panel and then stamped some extras that I cut out and mouted over top with dimensionals. I used the photo corner punch to "frame" the focal panel a bit and used the dotted square to make a "frame" around the whole center image. The background of the card is my new favorite Backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms, Reverse Dots. I inked it up in Old Olive ink and stamped it onto olive cardstock. Be sure and check out the amazing creations of Beate, Jenn, Laurie, Lori, Mary Jo and Sharon! They always come up with something gorgeous! Happy Friday! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Sending Happy Thoughts (SU), Reverse Dots Backgrounder (Cornish Heritage Farms); Paper- Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Kraft (SU); Ink- Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Basic Black (SU); Accessories- red zig-zag twill from Jersey Ribbon Originals, vintage brads, Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU).



20 comments:

Jennifer Aviles said...

Charmaine! This is ADORABLE! I love the bright, fun colors!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I knew I should have ordered it when it was on sale!
Absolutely beautiful!!!
Hugs and smiles

Sharon Harnist said...

What a great use for this kit, Charmaine -- love the bright colors and all those flowers!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I love the colors!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow Charmaine. Where to start:) Love the colors & the positioning of all the flowers. Great Job!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how bright and cheery! I love your take on the sketch with the photo corners and such...that ribbon is YUMMY! Beautiful, as always, Charmaine!

Sherrie said...

love all those flowers Charmaine, just so fun and bright!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, this is so bright and fun!! You have such a way with the brighter colors! The flowers (wow..that stamp IS neat!!), the embellishments...it's all just so pretty!

Laura said...

What a super fun, happy card. I love it!!
Laura

Libby Hickson said...

This is so bright, happy and pretty - just love it!

Deborah said...

Love your card Charmaine! Makes me feel so happy after just getting back into stampin' after the fire evacuation. I love the goodies you sent me, I hope to incorporate some of them into this sketch! Deb

Anonymous said...

Great card! So cheerful and bright

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, love everything about it.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

OOOO! I love it Charmaine! Great colors!

Jenn in GA said...

you always come up with something gorgeous too! great work!

Becky Carafa said...

This is stunning - I love the bright colors and the popped-up flowers!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card Charmaine! Love the bright, pretty flowers! Looks like so much work!

Christi Flores said...

Charmaine, this is awesome!! I love how fun and bright it is! :)

Diane Gilbert said...

Charmaine I LOVE this card! The colors are so bright and cheery!
Gorgeous Card!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful!! I love all those flowers and the colors are so bright and pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails