Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tempting Saffron


This was for this week's Color Challenge on SCS, Tempting Saffron. . . to use Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron and Real Red. I just recently got this stamp by Rubber Romance from the Paper Pretties Corner Store and I love it! It's just such a fun image. I don't really have any sentiments to go with it, but I thought this sentiment from the Michael's $1 bin would work well. The card itself was pretty simple since the image was so big, I didn't have a lot of empty space to fill. I colored with ink pads and a blender pen and added a bit of sparkle to her boots with turquoise Stickles. SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Carrie (Rubber Romance), $1 stamp; Paper- So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Whisper White; Ink- Basic Black, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Bordering Blue; Acccessories- hemp, key tag punch, paper piercer, turquoise Stickles.


In other news, the Verve Visual countdown to two NEW sets has begun! The new sets will be revealed on November 10, but from today until November 10, you can catch "sneak peeks" on the Verve Visual blog by the Design Team! So, head on over and check it out! I have a feeling you'll really love these sets! (wink!)

11 comments:

Tina said...

Don't know if it's because I'm a Texas girl or because I LOVE the color red - I do know it's because your work is FABULOUS, this is a great card!!!!
Kudos!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome card! I chickened out on the color combo. It was too bright for me. LOL
Hugs and smiles

Sharon Harnist said...

Love that sentiment with this cowgirl, Charmaine -- just perfect!

Kristine said...

This is very cute! I just LOVE this color combo!! I HAVE to try it...just gotta find the time. :)

Christi Flores said...

What a fun card! I LOVE it!!

Libby Hickson said...

So cute!! Love the sentiment with this stamp, and love the sparkle on her boots!

Shannan Teubner said...

Well you KNOW I love this card. And I'm lovin the sparkly boots!!

Alhambra Club said...

I love this image the card is great.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this color combo...You used it so well....

blduran said...

I LOVE those Rubber Romance Divas and your coloring ROCKED IT!! That really tempts me to buy of few of those gals!! Love your work!!

Michele Kovack said...

You rocked this challenge!!! That is such a cute stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails