Thursday, November 8, 2007

Horizontal Pocket Card

This was for this week's Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS, Horizontal Pocket Cards. It's not really a horizontal pocket card anymore since I cut it down to square size, but it's a pocket card! :) I used the Snow Jumbo wheel and wheeled it once in Regal Rose and then again in Craft White to give the faux dry-embossed look. The snowflake brad was an "add-on" that I bought at Target a couple of years ago. I intended to make Christmas cards with them that year, but they made it on the cards! It was originally silver, but I dipped it in Heat and Stick powder, heated it, and then dunked it in Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The "sparkle" sentiment is embossed in silver. I find myself using pink a lot for Christmas this year. I don't know why, but it seems to be my favorite right now. I really need to start thinking about my actual Christmas cards and get busy! Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Snow Jumbo wheel, Warm Words, Winter Wonder (Verve Visual); Paper- Regal Rose, Whisper White (SU), Silver (DCWV Metallic Stack); Ink- Regal Rose, Craft White (SU); Accessories- snowflake brad, paper piercer, white gel pen, corner rounder, white organdy ribbon (Darice).

19 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

this is so pretty, love how you double stamped. Beautiful as is all your work.

Meredith said...

I love this card! I love the colors, the faux dry embossed look and the sparkle! And it's a pocket card! Beautiful!

Shannan Teubner said...

Totally gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

ooh you got me with the pink again! and, of course, snowflakes :-) I love it!!! I think I'm going to have to get some kraft white ink one of these days. nothing i have seems to work for me quite like the kraft white does for you all.

Kendra Hernandez said...

that is a beautiful card charmaine!

Anonymous said...

I like this alot, it is sooo pretty, I think pink is good for Xmas!

Donna Baker said...

this is so pretty!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the pink and the faux embossing.

Anonymous said...

YAY! PINK FOR CHRISTMAS! MY FAVORITE TOO!!! Great minds girl...Pink is HOT!

Jenn in GA said...

how IN the world did you get your wheel to reproduce the same segment of it AND do so slightly off? you're my heroine!

Michele Kovack said...

Oooooh sooooo pretty!

Heather said...

Very pretty- pink seems to be the IT color for the holidays this year. Good luck getting your cards done with a newborn and 2 other kiddos!

Unknown said...

Great card Charmaine - love the sparkle and the pink!! Get ready for some blue though in your cute pink world! :)

Nancy Riley said...

WOW Charmaine! I love this! The faux dry embossed look is awesome! Pink for Christmas? LOVE IT!

Christi Flores said...

I LOVE this card!! That dry embossed look and the sparkle..everything! Awesome!

Tandra said...

I love pink for Christmas! This isso cute! Love th efaux dry embossing!

Jules said...

Pink is just pretty! :) Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That's beautiful!!!!

Jill said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Wow!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails