Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's Prettie Wednesday!

Another Prettie Girls Challenge already! This challenge was issued by Jillian. . .to make an ornament! I haven't made an ornament in a very long time and I really had to think about what to make. I wanted to make it easy to mail, and the clear glass bulbs that I usually make ornaments out of are NOT easy to mail. At least not if you want it to arrive in one piece! So, as I was thinking about what to make an ornament out of, Arwen came into the room with something she "swiped" from my craft room. It was an empty Prima Flower paint can from some Prima flowers I bought at Target a while ago. Along with the paint can, came this magnetic-back tin that held little chipboard flowers, and it was stuck to the top of the paint can. PERFECT! So, it's not an ornament you hang on the tree, but one you can put on your fridge! Hopefully Alli will like it! Be sure and check out what the other Prettie Girls(Alli, Christie, Jillian, Joanne, Julie C., Julie M., and Kristine) have come up with! I'm sure they are fabulous! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Merry and Bright; Paper- blue (DCWV), pearlized white (Paper Accents); Ink- Palette in Noir; Accessories- white polka dot organdy ribbon, Icicle Stickles, Copic Spica glitter pens, prima tin from Target.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

This rocks!! How cool! OK, you guys are blowing me away with all of these cool ornaments!!

Unknown said...

Oh if Alli doesn't I'll take it!! :) LOVe this! How cute Charmaine! Good to see you "up and about!"

Alhambra Club said...

this is beautiful, she will love it.

Unknown said...

This is amazing! What a great idea.
I need some empty tins. (Oh goodness, if only you could see my storage area full of all my enabled purchases!)

Donna Baker said...

This is PERFECT, Charmaine! I have one of those containers too, I can make one as well! TFS, Arwen rocks just like you!

Kristine Reynolds said...

ADORABLE Charmaine!

Tina said...

This is so beautiful. I love it!

I wish you all the best for your little boy!

Janine said...

This is just the greatest idea.
Talk about recycling !!
Glad to see that all is well with you and the new baby.

Have a great day.
Janine

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Sooo incredibly adorable, Charmaine! Makes me want to get this set out right away and CASE you! Love it!

Michelle Tweedy said...

Oh so very cute! I just love it. I'm sure the recipient will as well.

Anonymous said...

I love this it's adorable!

Jami Speidel said...

This is adorable! I love this idea! I'm definitely doing the same to my Prima paint can top! TFS!!!

Melissa said...

Fabulous!

Debbie G said...

This is such a cool idea and it is so cute too. I think I have one of these around and must try this.

Rose Ann said...

Your ornament is sooo cute! I love that snowman and I love the sparkle!

Hmmm....I have one of those tins. ;)

michelle g. said...

That is so pretty. What a great idea! I wanted to make some ornaments this Christmas and you have inspired me to find potential ornaments in my stampin' room!

Jenn in GA said...

sweet and simple--how long did it take? i'm guessing not long, as you don't have lots of time these days! great little thing to have on hand to include in a gift.

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh adorable! I'd love to have something like that on my fridge...especially that snowman...he's my fave this year ;) Great job recycling too!

JenMarie said...

This is so very cute!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! You are so original. I have the same paint can...now I'll know what to do with it. I always love visiting your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is really pretty! Makes me want to buy some prima flowers just for the tins. Oh heck...we all know we can always use primas anyways. LOL
I know what you mean about our weather...being a Pittsburgh girl myself! My poor hubby was on the roof in the wind today. Rough way to make a living in this weather!

Alli Miles said...

I posted a comment a while ago and it is gone! I DO love it Charmaine. Thank you. You did such a wonderful job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails