Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reach For the Stars

If you've received your new Verve Visual stamp sets and are looking for ideas for them, be sure and check out the Verve Visual blog! Starting today, the Design Team will be posting more wonderful creations.



Here is a little gift journal I made using the Starlight Starbright set. I added a shaker to the cover using star sequins and jewels. My Bind It All made this a very quick, easy project! I started with 4x4 coasters and covered them with the Echo paper from Memory Box. I stamped stars and swirls on the cover as well as inside the shaker. I cut 3.5x3.5 pieces of cardstock and rounded the corners for the inside pages. Once the book was all assembled, the finishing touches were the ribbons on the binding and the sentiment on the front. I had intended to give this as a gift, but I'm thinking now I might keep it! LOL Of course, I could always make more since the most time consuming part of this project was the shaker! Hope you like the journal idea. Thanks for stopping by today! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Starlight Starbright (Verve Visual); Ink- Thatched Straw, Purple Hydrangea (VersaMagic), Craft White, Basic Black (SU); Paper- Echo (Memory Box), Black, purple (DCWV); Accessories- ribbons (May Arts, Darice), star sequins, jewels (Joann), large oval punch (SU).

9 comments:

Christi Flores said...

I just saw this on the Verve Visual blog. Awesome job!!!

Janine said...

What a wonderful project !!
I got my Bind it all last week and finally got some larger wires so I will be making one of these for my niece.
Hope all is well..
Janine
www.2bKrafty.blogspot.com

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

so cute Charmaine! I love shakers but never think to make one!LOL!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, that is beautiful!!!

I can't wait to hear about your little boy! :)
I hope you are doing well. Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

great idea to have a shaker on the front. So are these post predone? and are you having your baby right now? when is he due again?!

Melissa said...

Awesome Charmaine!

Jami Speidel said...

Adorable... As always!!!

Sherrie said...

This is really sweet Charmaine! Love what you are doing with Verve. Love coming and checking out your projects!

Jules said...

Hey Charmaine, Hope all is well with you and everything went safely this week. :) Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails