Sunday, March 9, 2008

3x3 Notecard Set

When Melanie posted that adorable little "treat bag tote" on her blog, I KNEW I had to make one! Instead of putting candy in it, however, I decided to make it a tote for 3x3 notecards. I just added little "straps" of cardstock on the insides of the tote so that the notecards wouldn't slide out. I paper pieced Sophia's dress with the same paper as the tote so that everything coordinates. If you notice, the butterfly is in a different spot than it has been in past posts. Well, the Sophia stamp was too tall for the 3x3 card so I had to improvise. I inked up everything but the butterfly and stamped it on the card. I then stamped the butterfly on another piece of cardstock, colored it and cut it out. I mounted it with a dimensional on the 3x3 card and paper pierced a "flight trail" from Sophia's hand to where the butterfly is. I think it worked out pretty well. On the tote, I added some Island Blossom Dew Drops, rose organdy ribbon and an oval piece that says "For You". I thought the oval piece looked like a purse that I have where the brand name is stitched on like that. Remember that tonight at 8pm EST is the Prettie Pajama Party over at Paper Pretties! (and don't forget to change all of your clocks ahead if you didn't already) Hope to see you there tonight! Have a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Flutter Sophia (Paper Pretties), Fancy Flexible Phrases (SU); Paper- Whisper White (SU) patterned paper, green (DCWV); Ink- Basic Black (SU); Accessories- Island Blossom Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest), paper piercer, rose organdy ribbon (Darice), Regal Rose, Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery markers, small oval punch.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, your purse and notecard look fantastic! I will have to make one too!
I will try to play tonight! Hugs and smiles

Donna Baker said...

this is SO sweet! I love the matching dress to the tote! how clever to use the notecards instead of candy

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love this Charmaine! It's so sweet!

Jody Morrow said...

That is ADORABLE! Love the set!

Jana Weaver said...

Wow...you've outdone yourself here Charlie! I LOVE it!!! The dew drops around the purse handle are awesome, and I love the popped up butterfly! C'est magnifique!

Alex said...

Very very cute Charmaine! Love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Christie Ortman said...

You never cease to amaze me! It is always such a treat to visit your blog and see your delightful creations! You wow me everytime!

Juanita B said...

Stunning ensemble! You ROCK! TFS.

Lauren (mytime) said...

VERY CUTE!! Love what your do with all the Paper Pretties stuff!

Janine said...

This is so wonderful!! I saw the tote tutorial the other day and thought that it was so sweet... I will have to try it out tonight!!

Michelle said...

Oh WOW Charmaine, this is soooo sweet!

Michele Kovack said...

These are so incredibly sweet!!! LOVE These!

Linsey R said...

Oh, Charmaine! Your tote is absolutely precious! Oh, it's so dainty and pretty and I love the idea for these sweet little notecards to go inside! What a special little gift!

jjcreations said...

Very very cute... I love the paper.

Anonymous said...

I really love this purse and cards! Andrea

Rose Ann said...

Your purse is so fabulous! I love the paper you used, and you cute matching card!! Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This is just ADORABLE! I absolutely love it!

Catherine said...

Charmaine, i love your purse...maybe I can borrow it sometimes =) and matching notecards..adorable!

Bethany Paull said...

Charmaine, this is incredible. And I love your improv with the stamp rearrangement.

Stacy said...

This is adorable. Thanx for sharing.

Jenn in GA said...

i really like this idea, and may employ it for my upcoming class! cute little "studs" that hold the handle in place.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Charmaine, this is so totally fabulous!! So super sweet, I need to make some when I get my new stamps!!

Melanie said...

Fabulous!! great idea for the notecards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails