Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Fairytale

I didn't think I was going to be able to post today. My mind has been going in so many different directions today and when I tried to stamp I just couldn't concentrate, so I starting doing my blog reading. When I visited Lauren's blog, it was JUST what I needed today. Lauren's Saturday Sketch was clean and simple. . .emphasis on the simple. The sketch called for an image in the corner and a sentiment in the middle. She said we could add a layer if we wanted, but she'd prefer we keep it a single layer card. I've been dying to use these stamps and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. I stamped the bride in VersaMagic Wheat. The sentiment is in Basic Black except for the word "love" which is also in wheat. The flower is an ivory confetti flower from Michael's. . .the ones that Lauren made us ALL go out and buy! LOL Thanks, Lauren, for clearing my head and keeping it simple! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- She's All That, Full of Life (SU); Ink- Wheat (VersaMagic), Basic Black (SU); Paper- Whisper White; Accessories- confetti flower, pearl brad

23 comments:

Kelly L said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Charmaine! What a pretty sentiment. I don't remember seeing this one before. Glad you could show us some inspiraiton and find the time to stamp a little. :) Kelly

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH its just gorgeous! I have considered this set numerous times! I think on my next order. Love the soft colors you chose too!!

Donna Baker said...

this is SIMPLY GORGEOUS!! wow, great job. I had fun with this too, going to upload later

Lorie said...

Wow, Charmaine...this is absolutely lovely!

Silli said...

very pretty cards...:-)

Melissa said...

Oh Charmaine! This is fabulous!

Many Easter Blessings,
M.

Deborah said...

I am so glad you found an inspiration today! Beautiful card! Hugs to the bugs! Den

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely stunning!!! WOW! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Heather said...

I love this! Very elegant- and I want the stamps you used~

Janine said...

This is beautiful Charmaine... I love the airiness of it, if that makes any sense... Just gorgeous.
Have a wonderful day.!!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Charmaine! I've had this set for a little bit now and it hasn't seen ink. I couldn't figure out what to do with it! LOVE what you did!

Kira said...

I love this, especially the sentiment! Really love it!

Jules said...

LOVE IT. Happy Easter! :)Julie

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Charmaine! Simply but very striking!! Hope you are all well and that you enjoy a Happy Easter!

Dawn M said...

I love this card. I am getting married in May so I guess I have a thing for bridal cards right now.

Unknown said...

beautiful, beautiful one layer card. I always love what you do with these. great job!

Nancy Riley said...

AMAZING design, Charmaine! What WILL you think of next, my friend?

Bethany Paull said...

Very nice. I like the wheat color for your stamp and the highlighted word Love.

Gretchen said...

So elegant! I haven't made a white card in FOREVER! I love how you did this. Thanks so much,
Gretchen

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a simple and gorgeous card!!! I love it!!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...such a tough challenge, and you nailed it beautifully!! I love this, Charmaine!!

Latisha said...

this is a beautiful card!

Jules said...

No layer cards rock!!!! Nice!! :)Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails