Monday, March 3, 2008

Who's De-Boss?

Today's Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS was Who's De-Boss. . .to deboss on vellum. I have NEVER used this technique before. You can't really tell so much in the picture, but this technique gives the flowers a very neat 3D quality. It's very cool! I used the Thankful Blossoms set from Verve Visual and masked and stamped the flowers on vellum cardstock. Then I flipped the vellum over and used a stylus and mouse pad to "deboss" the flowers. After that, I flipped the vellum back over and used my blender pen to color in the flowers using VersaMagic inks. I then mounted the vellum on top of some Scribble Scrabble patterned paper. To finish it off, I put some glitter in the center of the flowers, faux stitched a border and tied on some rust organdy ribbon. Thanks for stopping by today! It's supposed to reach 60 degrees here today. . .unbelievable! I hope they're right because that would be VERY nice! :) SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Thankful Blossoms (Verve Visual); Paper- Felicity Collection (Scribble Scrabble), Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, vellum (SU); Ink- Noir (Palette), Red Brick, Mango Madness (VersaMagic); Accessories- paper piercer, Chocolate Chip marker, blender pen, rust organdy ribbon (Darice), Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU), stylus.

24 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so gorgeous!!! Your colors are fabulous and I love the paper and faux stitching!! Thanks for sharing.

Donna Baker said...

this is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your card looks fantastic! I love your flowers, the way you colored them, the paper underneath....everything about it is awesome!

I just finished cleaning and baking. Next is a shower and SCS work. I didn't do emails there yesterday! Yikes! I need to play with this challenge though. Maybe tonight!
Hugs and smiles

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So fabulous. Love the softness of the vellum over the dp. Gonna have to see if I can find some vellum to try this technique! :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love those colors.

Maren said...

So pretty! Those flowers are gorgeous!!

Catherine said...

Charmaine, this is gorgeous!

Marja Sch said...

Just beautiful what a lovely idea. Thanks for telling us.

Amy said...

This is so fun and different Charmaine! I love it!

A

Janine said...

OOOOHHHH I love this... I just ordered my launch pack from Verve Visual so am anxiously awaiting them. Love this card Charmaine.
It is warm here too but not for long.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Beautiful card Charmaine! Love your flowers and dp!

Janine said...

Hi Charmaine

There is something on my site for you !!!

Alex said...

Wow! How gorgeous Charmaine - totally love this! I have never seen nor done this before so I guess I should give it a try! Enjoy your warm weather - it is 70 here today!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

what a lovely card

Pat's little corner of the world said...

WOW! this is wonderful I love it.Your colors are great and the paper behind it all is beautiful.
I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing.
Take a peek at my blog:
http:patslittlecorneroftheworld.blogspot.com

Carolyn King said...

Very very cool! I love the way it turned out. Fantastic job

Jenn in GA said...

wowser~love it!

jjcreations said...

Oh my word this is fantastic. I love the ribbon you used.
Joan

Juanita B said...

Awesome card! I love the technique. I must try it, you did a magnificent job. TFS.

Libby Hickson said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors. I'm going to have to check out that technique!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Gorgeous. I have not done this technique either. I will have to round up some vellum. Love the colors you worked with..Fabulous work!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Another beauty, Charmaine! Your stitching is fantastic, and I LOVE that paper you used!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is so beautiful, Charmaine!! Wonderful job with the technique!!

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful! These are my favorite colors; you did an awesome job pulling it all together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails