Friday, March 7, 2008

Beate Weekend Sketch #38

I have to say I had no idea what to do with this sketch when Beate first sent it. The only thing that kept coming to mind was a "spotlight" card, so I went with that. It doesn't work as well since the branch and leaves aren't line art images, but I stamped the branch on the Summer Sun cardstock with Palette Burnt Umber ink and then mounted the "colored" version on top and added the bird. The background panels are embossed with the Stylized Flowers Cuttlebug folder since I thought they looked a lot like the flowers in this stamp set. Believe it or not, the whole color combination was taken from the ribbon. I had the ribbon out that I wanted to use and the whole card evolved from there. Be sure and check out what fabulous things Beate, Cambria, Jenn, Laurie, Lori, Mary Jo and Sharon have created. I'm very interested to see their takes on the sketch! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Spring Solitude (SU); Paper- Real Red, Summer Sun, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip (SU), turquoise (DCWV); Ink- Burnt Umber (Palette), Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Old Olive (SU); Accessories- Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers embossing folder, paper piercer, Chocolate Chip marker, ribbon.

30 comments:

Jennifer Aviles said...

Charmaine, your creations are always so happy. They just make me grin from ear to ear!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, Charmaine! I love your spotlighted bird!!!
Hugs and smiles!

Sharon Harnist said...

Love that little bird and the corner sentiment, Charmaine -- too cute!

Donna Baker said...

this came out awesome! I love that you still went with the spotlight even though the branch was solid, it really pops. love the colors & the ribbon is super nice!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Oh I love all the texture on this card, and the stamping on both layers, very clever and packs a lot of punch! :-) Cute birdie too... ;-)

Kerry D-C said...

great card! I am "challenged" using bright colors like this together, so I always appreciate a bright, fun card like this!

Anonymous said...

this is absolutely gorgeous charmaine!

Unknown said...

Pretty card Charmaine!! The colors (and the ribbon!) are so pretty and I love how the flowers are echoed in the embossed panels! :)

Memories of Time said...

Super cool! You inspire me so much with your color choices! :)

Charlene Austin said...

Perfection! Great job!

Alex said...

This is such a bright, cheery card - I totally love this!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Your card is a great inspiration! Love it!

Mollie said...

So cute! The colors are beautiful:) Have a fabulous weekend!

Alli Miles said...

Fabulous work Charmaine! I have to agree with Jenn Balcer's comment about how happy your creations are...SOOO true!!!

Linda said...

LOVE the colors!

And...I FINALLY broke down and invested in the cuttlebug...it is SO fun to play with. I have that particular embossing folder, too...so I think I'll be CASE'ing this idea!

jjcreations said...

Your card is wonderful. I love the colours and the dry embossing.

Janine said...

Beeutifuuuulll!! Charmaine !
I love it !!

Juanita B said...

I love your colors, I think you did an excellent job with this sketch. Have a great weekend.TFS.

Jenn in GA said...

this is too cool! love the cuttlebug stuff in the background and the placement of the little birdie.

Michele Kovack said...

This card is awesome!!

Maren said...

What gorgeous colors!! That little bird is so cute!

Pam Speidel said...

LOVE IT Charmaine! As always, it's a happy, cheerful card... a real day brightener!

Smiles, Pam :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a beautiful card!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing!!

SueB said...

what d'ya mean, "doesn't work well ..." - it's beautious (to snitch a quote of my buddy Claudia)!
later, alligator!
- SueB of sueblondin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the colors! So cheery! The bird is great as well! Good job on the sketch!

Allison said...

I think you are too hard on yourself. I think the spotlighting looks great on this card - the colors are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, these colors are wonderful together!!! Beautiful card!!

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! This card is top-notch, first class design, Charmaine! It's absolutely perfect in every way ... brilliant use of color and layout!!!!!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful job with Beate's sketch!! I love the colors and set you used!! Cute!!

Melanie said...

THIS is GORGEOUS!! Great colors, I din't realize how much i liked this hostess set til now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails