Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Be Inspired Challenge #5

This was a tough one, but I LOVE the funky inspiration piece. I kept looking at the it trying to decide where to start, so I decided to start with the colors. I found these felt flowers in the Target dollar bin some time ago and have never used them. Since they were sitting there AND were the perfect color, I thought I'd see if I could fit them into this challenge. After deciding on the flowers, I thought butterflies would work with the flowers, so I got out my long-neglected Garden Whimsy set. The sentiment and dot line are from the So Many Sayings set. I am not used to these flowers so my eye keeps going to them and I'm hoping they're not too "chunky" if that makes any sense. Be sure and check out how Beate, Danielle Lounds, Dawn McVey, Jenn Balcer, Silke Ledlow and Susan Roberts were inspired today! Hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES: Stamps- Garden Whimsy, So Many Sayings (SU); Paper- Basic Black, Whisper White (SU); Ink- So Saffron, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Basic Black (SU); Accessories- felt flowers, rhinestones (Me and My Big Ideas), velvet ribbon, paper piercer

22 comments:

Karen Kelly said...

Nice find in the Dollar Spot! I think the butterflies are a perfect addition to the card--nicely done!

Jennifer Aviles said...

Hey, Charmaine . . . I pulled out felt flowers from Hobby Lobby, and have them on a half done card, LOL! They've even green like this! This is *wonderful*!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Charmaine! I love it!

Carolyn King said...

Charmaine---FABULOUS....I love what you did from the inspiration! Amazing card!

Catherine said...

You?!? have a tough time with a challenge...yeah right! =)

this is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Great interpretation of the original - and I love how you worked in those little bugs that match the rhinestones :-)

Melissa said...

You rocked this one Charmaine! Excellent job!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

Love this! Those flowers add awesome texture, and the little butterflies make this a really pretty card! Love your take on the inspiration piece...so feminine; wonderful contrast to the original, but right on the money!

Alli Miles said...

Oh look at this! I love your creative use of embellishments to recreate the feeling from the inspiration piece.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - love how you used the felt flowers!!! The butterfies are the perfect touch to this beauty!!!

Janine said...

What a wonderful card Charmaine... Love how you added those butterflies!!

Juanita B said...

Stunning! I don't think the flowers are too chunky at all. I love your interpretation. your work is sooooo artistc. TFS.

Jenn in GA said...

the inspiration piece made me think of jelly beans! too bad i have no stamps with beans on them! i think you did a great job.

Deborah said...

I don't think the flowers are too chunky at all! It is a beautiful card with the felt layer! How is your MIL? Deb

Unknown said...

Perfect Charmaine!! Your card is so awesome and truly follows your inspiration piece!

Lorie said...

Just wow! I love this card!

Danielle L. said...

Great card Charmaine! The butterflies and flowers are perfect!

Debbie Olson said...

Wow! You really nailed the inspiration piece, Charmaine! Love the colors and layout--well, everything about it!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...gorgeous interpretation of the inspiration piece!! I love it, Charmaine!

Bethany Paull said...

WOW! I mean, seriously, WOW! This is outstanding. The colors and so striking.

Jessie/knightrone said...

You always do such a fabulous job with these inspiration pieces!! Beautiful card!!

Erin McKinney said...

Love this card!! The felt flowers look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails