Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Prettie Wednesday

Two weeks ago, Julie challenged us to make something using chipboard. It's funny because chipboard is not one of my favorite things. . .mostly because I don't always know what to do with it. I decided to go simple and use a chipboard flower from the On Board Blossoms & Basics. I covered it with patterned paper that I got in one of my Paper Pretties boxes, then covered it in glitter. It's nice and sparkly. Since Julie just happened to be the person I was to mail my creation to and because last week was her birthday, I decided to make this a birthday card for her. I'm so sorry your package is late, Julie, but I hope you had a wonderful birthday anyway! Be sure and check the other Prettie Girl blogs to see their chipboard creations.

This week it's my turn to issue the challenge, and it is to WATERCOLOR! No fancy Copic or Stampin' Write markers. . .no blender pen either! :) Use an Aquapainter or brush with water to color your image. Have fun! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Full of Life (SU); Ink- Noir (Palette); Paper- Shabby Princess Collection (BoBunny Press); Accesssories- OnBoard Blossoms & Basics, key tag punch, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dots Classy Brass template (SU), Prima flowers, rhinestone brad (Darice)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card!! Love the colors and that cute flower.

Unknown said...

Sweet card Charmaine, you did a great job especially when you consider your fear of chipboard! I love it!

And watercoloring, ahhhh, you're so kind. I love this challenge, right up my alley!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it!! I love the glitter and have always loved that paper!! Can't wait to get it!! My birthday "month" has been so much fun! :)

Becky G said...

This is so pretty! I love the bright springy colors. It makes me happy that spring is finally here!

Latisha said...

oohh i like the colors on this card. How did you get the glitter on the paper?

Alex said...

This card is really really pretty Charmaine, I love the colors and that big chipboard flower looks wonderful with all the sparkle! Great challenge card - I am sure Julie will love it!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa said...

Fabulous Charmaine! I forget how much chipboard can add to your projects until I see something like this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Many Blessings,
M.

Michele Kovack said...

This is so pretty!!! Love how it turned out!

Lorie said...

This is so lovely and happy! Great card!

Michelle said...

Oh I love this, nice & bright & full of bling!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so adorable!!! Love the paper!!!

Jillabella said...

Oh this turned out adorable!! See, at least there is another Prettie girl that dislikes chipboard too! ;) xoxo

Deborah said...

Great chipboard flower! Wonderful happy birthday card! Deb

Janine said...

This is just fantastic Charmaine... I love that flower and the bright colors.

jjcreations said...

This great. I love the stripes and then the polka dots on the flower. Joan

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE this, the polka dots are just TOO CUTE! I thought you had put them on with a sponge dauber, but saw that it was paper...love it! Thanks for sharing your adorable creation! :D

Bethany Paull said...

It's so pretty! It's one of those certain cards that just strikes a chord with me. The colors and patterns just make me happy.

Heather said...

I love the sparkly polka dot flower.

Shanismom said...

beautiful card, like the patern paper

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card! Love the diagonal stripes and the polka dotted sparkly flower. :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh fun! I love what you did with your chipboard flower! Thanks for the inspiration! I've had that same bunch and done nothing with them!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, this is really pretty, Char! Those Bo Bunny papers are some of my favorite, too! They're a little outside-the-box with the colors but so bright and springy!

Juanita B said...

Beautiuf and simple, you did an awesome job with the chipboard! TFS.

Rose Ann said...

You did wonderfully on the challenge! I love that you've added glitter to the flower as well!

Jules said...

I like chipboard, but forget to use it! You did a great job with this challenge! :)Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails