Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Prettie Wednesday

Two weeks ago, Jana challenged us to make Anything But a Card! It seems that I don't do that enough. So, I thought about what I could make. I haven't made one of these large paperclips in a while, so that's what I did! I punched out and colored the Cuddle Me Sophia, then mounted it on a scalloped circle. I pierced holes around the scallop. The whole image is mounted on the paperclip using E6000. The paper clip has a magnet on the back so that Jillian can stick it to her refrigerator and put reminder notes in the clip. I hope Jillian received it because I was a little late sending it. (Sorry Jill!) I'm excited to see what the other Prettie Girls have made for this challenge. . .and VERY excited to see what may be in MY mailbox! (can't wait, Joanne!)

In sticking with the whole Anything But a Card theme, I decided to create this little lamp with my Verve Visual set Thankful Blossoms. I just LOVE these butterflies. I stamped the butterflies on vellum cardstock using Palette Noir ink. I turned the vellum over and colored on the back side using my Stampin' Up markers. I flipped the piece back over to the front and added the Dew Drops in between the butterflies. They catch the light so beautifully! The final touch was adding the small punched circles along the bottom and a band at the top of the lampshade. The "lamp" is a little bigger because I used a small martini glass that I found at the dollar store instead of a wine glass. If I can find a battery-operated light instead of a candle, I'd LOVE to put this in my girls' room. . .it would be adorable in there. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've enjoyed my Anything But Cards! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Cuddle Me Sophia (Paper Pretties), Thankful Blossoms (Verve Visual); Ink- Noir (Palette); Accessories- Copic markers, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Certainly Celery markers (SU), 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, paper piercer, small circle punch, Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest)

12 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Your paperclip is so darling, and your lamp is brilliant!! I love your fun projects today, Charmaine!!

Jillabella said...

Oh Charlie this is adorable!!!! I haven't received it yet but I can't wait!!!

Juanita B said...

Oh YES, I certainly did ENJOY your Anything but a Card creations! They are both wonderufl. I will be ordering Sophia today. You could sell those lamp shades to Bullard's! Stunning work. TFS.

Juanita B said...

P.S. I meant Ballard's. I don't know if Bullard's is still around. LOL.

Unknown said...

Awesome projects!!! I LOVE that paperclip - haven't done those in forever! and the lamp is just so pretty!! Great job!!

Jana Weaver said...

So cute Charmaine!! I love the jumbo paper clip (I still haven't done any of those because I can't find them over here!!) and that lampshade is just amazing!! So glad you enjoyed the challenge! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

All your projects are fabulous!!! I love the lamp, it is so cute!!!Thanks for sharing!!

Lorie said...

You are always so creative! Super cute stuff!

Anonymous said...

I love the lamp!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my Charmaine! Isn't that paper clip the cutest! Chloe would love something like that for her evening reading. I'll have to remember this!
Love your lamp shade....so pretty!

Anonymous said...

These are soooo cute! I love making "anything but a card"! FYI, you can purchase battery-operated votive and tealight candles through Oriental Trading.com!

Linda

Anonymous said...

omg.....this "lamp" is absolutely adorable!! If I can, I will be making 3 of these for my gf girls. I LOVE them!!!

melissa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails