Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Prettie Wednesday


Two weeks ago, Christie challenged us to make a shaker card. It has been a LONG time since I've made a shaker card. I decided to use the Serenity Now set from My Favorite Things. I had these flower embellishments that I picked up in the Target dollar bin and never used them. I thought they'd be fun to put in the shaker with a little glitter. I stamped the image on white cardstock and carefully cut around the top part of the image with my craft knife. The image is colored with Regal Rose and Certainly Celery markers. Be sure and check out the other Pretties Girl blogs to see what they came up with for the challenge! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Serenity Now (MFT); Ink- Palette Noir; Paper- Certainly Celery, Regal Rose (SU), white cardstock (Georgia-Pacific); Accessories- slit punch, flower embellishments, foam tape, glitter, horizontal slot punch, polka dot organdy ribbon (May Arts), Regal Rose and Certainly Celery markers (SU), paper piercer, white gel pen.

20 comments:

Donna Baker said...

this is awesome! love those little flowers, I got some too when they were at Target *smile*

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

oh how pretty!!! i love it, and i don't even do yoga and never have, but that set is turning into my favorite!! mine is well loved (and stained)!!

Jana Weaver said...

SCORE!!! I LOVE this card. Such an awesome idea to have the image in the FRONT! And guess who gets it?!? Yup...it's ME! :-D I'm so excited!!! (I even went to check the schedule just to be sure!) I know...I'm a freak!
Huggs!!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card!!! Seems like you're finding lots of unused goodies in your stash lately - lol!! :) Good job Charlie!! :)

Jessica Smith said...

What a neat idea I never even thought about using them in a shaker box,I bought tons of them from target.TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fantastic! I haven't made a shaker card in forever either - but this set is perfect fo rit!! Maybe I do need it after all, lol!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card! Love your shaker card!
{{{hugs}}}

Alex said...

Beautiful card Charmaine! I have never made a shaker card so I am always excited to see one! Yours is fabulous and I love the colors you chose as well as the stamp set! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Janine said...

This is just fabulous Charmaine... Have a great day!!

Jillabella said...

Oh you little stinker!! ;) Too adorable! And everything in the scrap section at Target is on 75% clearance right now...I know where I'm going after work.

Juanita B said...

BRILLIANT!! I LOVE your work! TFS.

Anonymous said...

I love this! As I commented on Joanne's blog - I love cards that "do" something! Hmmmmm - I still have that little "tilt" card on my to do list. . . .

Bethany Paull said...

Very pretty! I love the rhinestones in the shaker.

Jenn said...

Just too darn cute, Charmaine!

Deborah said...

Love your shaker card Charmaine! I must give one a go soon! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs to the bugs! Deb

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh how cute!!! I love the little flowers!!! My Target never has anything good, so I am super jealous right now!!

Anonymous said...

This is so totally cute!! I love how you have the image in the front. Fabulous shaker!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I'm a huge Seinfeld fan and I laughed when I saw this card! Too bad they don't have a stamp of Mr. Costanza's face! LOL! Really pretty card. You such a talented lady! Happy Easter!

Melanie said...

shake it baby!! what a great idea to use flower bling in a shaker backgroudn for this image. LOVE! THIS!

Kim said...

Ooohh...aaahhhh...I love it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails