Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Be Inspired Challenge #6

This is my second take on Beate's Be Inspired Challenge this week. I just couldn't get the first card to work. I kept playing with it and adding this and that, but nothing seemed to make me like it, so I just made a new card. :) Right away, the skirt made me think of a brayered background. The problem I was having with the first card was the flowers from the Embrace Life set. I couldn't color them in right to look good and not get lost in the background, so I had to go with these flowers that I could rock 'n roll to get the look I wanted. I inked the solid flower image in Taken With Teal and then rolled the edges in Night of Navy and stamped it. The line image of the flower is stamped in Night of Navy. The centers are turquoise glitter glue. I decided on this size card because the skirt looked long and skinny to me, so I made a long, skinny card. Be sure and check out how Beate, Danielle Lounds, Dawn McVey, Jenn Balcer, Silke Ledlow and Susan Roberts were inspired today! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Remembering You, Embrace Life (SU); Paper- Whisper White, Basic Black (SU), blue (DCWV); Ink- Caribbean Sea (Kaleidacolor), Night of Navy, Taken With Teal, Basic Black (SU); Accessories- lime organdy ribbon (Darice), Water Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest), glitter glue, brayer.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, your card looks incredible! I love your brayered background, the size of the card and the flowers you used.

Lorie said...

Oh, Charmaine! That is absolutely lovely! Hmmm...I may have to try that one! :o)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous Charmaine, you captured the colors of the skirt perfectly.

Heather said...

I love it- what an incredible interpretation of the inspiration piece (try to say that 5x fast!)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Charmaine. I love brayering and yours is beautiful and the colors are perfect.

Melissa said...

Fabulous Charmaine!

M.

Samantha Esqueda said...

You never cease to amaze- I love it- I gave you an award- check it out on my blog.

Deborah said...

Beautiful card Charmaine! I love the inspiration skirt, it would be perfect for the islands! Hugs to the bugs! Deb

Jennifer Aviles said...

Wow, Charmaine! This is *perfection*!! It totally evokes the feel and look for the skirt!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine - your card is fabulous!!! Not only did you captured the colors to the "T", you made it look so elegant too!!!
I love it!!!

Michele Kovack said...

This looks awesome!!!

Juanita B said...

You have did some incredible cards last week, sorry I'm so far behind.
I love everything you have done. Each card is special and they're all so different from one another.
Your inspiration card is awesome, I just love the colors and your design. TFS.

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Charmaine! I love the brayered background!!!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS card Charmaine!! The colors are so pretty! Perfect job! :)

Carolyn King said...

wow...I love your interpretation of the inspiration...what a cool card!

My Paper World said...

Wow! it's absolutely stunning!

Danielle L. said...

Wow! I love the brayered background! The card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Jenn in GA said...

nailed it, girl! love it! can't figure out how you find time to craft, but i enjoy seeing what you come up with!

Alex said...

Your card is stunning Charmaine - I love it!! The brayered background is beautiful, what a great inspiration card! I am off to make mine - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Karen Kelly said...

That brayered background is perfect--what a beautiful card!

Sharon Harnist said...

This is beautiful, Charmaine -- great job with the challenge!

Rose Ann said...

Your brayered card turned out beautifully, Charmaine!! I love your flowers too!!

jjcreations said...

I absolultely love this card....and the skirt for that matter!!! Love the colours, they are so ME. Joan

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh my word-this is just gorgeous!!! You rocked that challenge. Love how you created your paper to match.

Dana said...

This card took my breath away Charmaine. Just stunning and PERFECT for the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You captured the aura of the card:-)

Jules said...

This turned out great - I think this was a hard challenge! I just got some dew drops. I LOVE those little things! :)Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails