Thursday, March 20, 2008

SC168

This was for yesterday's Sketch Challenge on SCS. It has been a while since I've done a challenge on SCS. I used to do them daily, but I just haven't been able to find the time lately. I was determined to do the sketch challenge yesterday. I used the Flutter By set from Paper Pretties. I just LOVE this image and sentiment. My favorite thing to do with this image is to pop up the butterfly and cut out more than one to create a flight pattern. Fun, fun, fun! I'm hoping to get back to doing more of the challenges. They really kept me hopping! :)

Regarding my mother-in-law, she is doing well. They were not able to take her off the ventilator just yet because she wasn't strong enough, but she hasn't gotten worse, so no news is good news. I really appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted on her recovery. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Flutter By (Paper Pretties); Ink- Palette Noir; Paper- Palette O' Prints, Whisper White, Basic Black (SU); Accessories-So Saffron, Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery, Rose Red and Really Rust markers, brads, glitter, black organdy ribbon (Darice), paper piercer.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! Already drooled over it on SCS! Love the paper piercing and those three adorable butterflies. I LOVE this stamp and what you are doing with it!
Hugs and smiles

Melissa said...

Fabulous card Charmaine! Polka dots and butterflies? You know this girl can't resist those two things! :)

Great news about your mother in law! Keep us posted won't you?

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

I struggled with this sketch, and am still not happy with my card. You, however, did a fantastic job!!! Love the colors :)

Lorie said...

Goodness! That is adorable! :o)

Anonymous said...

Love this one! I haven't received my Flutter By set yet - can't wait to get it!

Thanks for the update on you MIL! I'll keep her in my prayers!

Donna Baker said...

I love your card! the 3 panel dp is awesome! It's so Springy & love the multiple butterflies. You are really working this set, girl! Happy to hear Dolores is doing better *smile*

Alex said...

Very very cute Charmaine - I love how you did the butterfly, just really pretty! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Cute card - the butterflies flying is such a great idea!! What a fun creation :)

jjcreations said...

I love the little butterflies flying across the paper!!! Joan

Anonymous said...

hi im a new blogger love your work i really like this card i try to make one thanks for the inspiration. hope to see you passing by on my blog :)

Bethany Paull said...

This chick just screams "Drama Queen" to me. I love the trail with multiple butterflies. Best wishes for your MIL's health as well.

Deborah said...

Charmaine, This is a winner! Love all the elements of the card. Good to get an update on your MIL. Happy Easter weekend! Hugs to the bugs, Deb

Dawn Easton said...

Such a cute card Charmaine! I love the butterfly floating...so pretty!
I hope your MIL continues to gain strength and get well!

Dawn said...

this is sooooooooo, cute!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty!!! I love the colors and the butterflies!! Adorable!!

Barbara Schram said...

Love this card with the butterflies, just adorable!

Janet said...

Just a note of encouragement, my grandmother had triple by-pass surgery when she was 84. They kept her on the vent and in a medicated state for 5 days after her surgery. It gave her body time to heal. She is now 90 and still doing well. She still lives alone in her little house and amazes me with her great attitude. By the way, I love your card, too!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, and I love your popped butterflies and piercing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails