Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tiny Treat Basket

Have you seen these adorable little treat holders that Cambria makes? The first time I saw them, I thought they were the most darling little things! Then when Cambria's tutorial came out yesterday, I HAD to make one! It was really very simple, so give it a try! Even though it's warm again here today, I made a "winter" treat basket since it's been so cold and I thought it would go well with the peppermint patties! :) I added some Liquid Applique around the top edges of the box to look like snow and stuffed the box with some filler. The stamps are from the Snowflake Kisses set by Paper Pretties. Such a cute Penguin! Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you're having beautiful weather too! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Snowflake Kisses (Paper Pretties); Paper- Blue Bayou, Whisper White (SU), yellow, patterned paper (DCWV); Ink- Palette Noir; Accessories-Copic markers, 1 1/4", 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop punch, horizontal slot punch, Liquid Applique, double stitched ribbon in Blue Bayou, snowflake brads.

30 comments:

Carolyn King said...

too adorable Charmaine...love your winter theme!

Alex said...

Very very cute Charmaine! I want to make some of these too as Easter gifts - to sweet!

I finally got to do a hippo card - and totally loved it!! Thanks again for the images - I posted it today! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Janine said...

So sweet Charmaine... I think you are one talented lady...
Have a great day!

Catherine said...

I've seen them but haven't had the chance to make them. Yours came out really cute =)

Marja Sch said...

What a beautiful basket. Lovely. Hugs marja

Amy said...

Very cute! I like your penguins on it. I have seen some cute ones today so I better try it myself and see if her template is easier than what I have!

Anonymous said...

Oh....the added Liquid Applique is just amazing! I LOVE your treat basket!

Unknown said...

So very cute! I need to try out those little baskets, thanks for the inspiration. And don't get too comfy, you know this warm weather is a freak of nature and we're due for a blizzard any day now!!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow....this is fantastic, Charmaine!! Your little penguins are sooo cute too!! (I need to try Cambria tute as well).

Juanita B said...

Soooo adorable! TFS.

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Charmaine! Love the basket and how you punched out the penguin!!! Fab idea!
LOL...I used this stamp set today too. With winter weather I thought it was still appropriate ;)

Unknown said...

way cute! I love this!

Diane Gilbert said...

Adorable! I will have to give it a try too!

Jenn said...

Today was beautiful, wasn't it? Your basket is adorable - probably will be good for Saturday, judging by the forecast! ;)

Unknown said...

Just adoarable! Love that little Snowflake and he's perfect for the box of treats!! :)

Donna Baker said...

this is so 'sweet' looking, love the penguin's smile, so cheerful. adding the liquid applique was a nice touch

Bethany Paull said...

Oh, how cute. I'll definately have to try one of these.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I must put it on my "to try" list! Thanks!

Deborah said...

It just doesn't get any cuter! Fabulous Charmaine, you are so inspiring! Hugs to the love bugs! Deb

kathy said...

very cute

Michele Kovack said...

You had me cracking up with your comment on my blog today! You are too cute! I love this project!

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness! This is absolutely adorable!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!! It is still winter here,boohoo. Thanks for sharing!!

Christie Ortman said...

Oh Charlie - this is soooooo cute! I squealed when I saw it!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Oh so cute!!!! Love this....

JenMarie said...

L O V E this!!! Penguins rock!

Melissa said...

This is FAB-U-LOUS!

jjcreations said...

What a sweet little penguin. Perfect for this little basket. I need to work on this challenge this weekend.

Vicki G said...

This is just the sweetest!!!!

Vicki

Nancy Riley said...

Charmaine, you think of everything, girl! I would have never thought of using a portion of the Snowflake Kisses penguin for the medallion! Very clever and creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails