Sunday, March 30, 2008

Savannah's Box

I've had the idea to make this little flashcard box for Savannah ever since Melanie sent me her What's In Your Tin 1 set. The borders looked like playing card to me. I've had the Stampin' Up sets ABC Images and both ABC Alphabets since they came out because I thought they'd be perfect for things like this. The box is a template from a collection of templates I bought at Oriental Trading Fun Expressions. I've used the templates before and someone asked me for a link once and I forgot to post one. You can find this set of templates here. I used the Gift Box template for this project. I used quite a few stamp sets too. The monogram "s" and the letters on the flashcards are from the ABC Upper and Lower Alphabets from Stampin' Up. The images are from the ABC Images set from Stampin' Up. The borders and "this belongs to" stamps are from What's in Your Tin 1 from GinaK Designs, and the letters I used to spell my daughter's name are from the Simple Alphabet by Papertrey Ink. I haven't finished all of the flashcards yet, but I'm close! :) Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- What's In Your Tin 1 (GinaK Designs), Simple Alphabet (Papertrey Ink), ABC Upper and Lower alphabets, ABC Images (SU); Paper- Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU); Ink- Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black(SU); Accessories- box template (Oriental Trading), double stitched ribbon in Purely Pomegranate, 3/4" and 1" circle punches, various markers (SU)

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, your box and your cards are fantastic! Are you going to laminate your cards?
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, that is brilliant. I have some alphabet cards which Oliver got from a birthday party he went to and I kept thinking I need to put these in something - this would be perfect.

Kylie.

Michele Kovack said...

What an amazing idea!!! So darn cute!!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Ooooh... I'm thinking Carter needs a set of these!! Of course, mine will be much LOUDER and TACKIER, because that's the way I roll... : ) And, I did just buy a professional laminating machine from Sam's last week (impulsive? yes, but AWESOME!!!) Hugs to you, Shortcake!

Lorie said...

Wow is this creative and useful too! Just love it Charmaine!

Julie Campbell said...

This is so STINKIN' awesome!!!! What a great idea! I love your combo of stamps!

Alex said...

totally adorable, those cards are awesome!! I bet she loved it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Bethany Paull said...

Cute! I'll bet Savannah loves them. Is she actually waiting until the whole set is done to play with them?

Kelley said...

Great idea! You could go into business with those!

Deborah said...

What a wonderful box of flash cards for Savannah! You are such a great crafter and Mom! Hugs to the bugs! Deb

Donna Baker said...

CHARMAINE! This is FABULOUS! What a genius you are - thanks for sharing, great now I feel like I need this SU! set...

Jules said...

So freakin' cute! :)J

Shanismom said...

the box and the cards are very cute.

Renee said...

This is so cool! I love this idea! TFS!

Renee

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, what a fantastic idea! I can't even believe how much work this will be, but Savannah will just love it!

Angela K said...

This is a wonderful project, I love it!!

Carolyn King said...

how cute--what a clever idea----LOVE this project. might have to make one for my son!

Janine said...

What a fantastic project!!! Your daughter is one lucky little girl!

Jessica Smith said...

What a neat idea love it tfs.

Anonymous said...

Super cute project!!! What a fabulous job of making them, too! I don't think you could buy a set better looking than yours! tfs

Christi Flores said...

What a fantastic idea! I would love to do something like this for my boys! Thank you so much for sharing!

Latisha said...

now how cute is this! I will have to make one of these for my son but flash cards for times tables...thanks for the inspiration as always >"<

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Oooooh! So cute! My oldest son is 3 and I should really make a set of these for him! I love the stamp set from SU! but I need to have 2 sets of images because he's bilingual. There are a few that match like b for boat/bâteau but a for apple and p for pomme don't quite work! LOL! Love the idea though!

Kelly said...

These are great! What a wonderful idea! And thanks for sharing the link to the templates - that looks like a great set!

Unknown said...

Fabulous!!! I LOVE this idea and you made them look so professional! I know Savannah will love them! :)

Melanie said...

how cool!! gotta go check out the templaet!! this! project! rocks!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!!! what a neato fun idea for your girl!!!

Rose Ann said...

Awesome, girl!!! I love this!! It's darling and so useful too!!

Karen Kelly said...

What a fabulous project this is! I can't imagine the time it's taking you, but well worth it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails