Monday, March 10, 2008

Prettie Pajama Party

Last night was the Prettie Pajama Party at Paper Pretties. Here are the cards that I made for the challenges.

The first was for the Sketch challenge. I used the Ride 'Em Cowgirl set from My Favorite Things that came in my Paper Pretties box. I haven't used my Apple Cider Designer Paper in a while. . .and I LOVE that stuff! I thought it would work well with the western theme. I cut a strip of cardstock to make the fringe on top. I seem to use that fringe idea a lot lately. LOL The cowgirl is colored using ink pads and a blender pen.


The second card was for the Monochromatic Challenge. I love Blue Bayou and it just happened to work well with the striped patterned paper from the Baby Boy Nana's Nursery Stack. You can't really tell from the picture because I couldn't get a good picture with the card propped up, but the coffee mug is actually on the inside of the card. I punched a layered window in the card front and paper pierced around it to frame the mug that's on the inside. This set is the Look Who's Perky set from Paper Pretties.



The last card was for the No Layer Card Challenge. I LOVE no layer cards. In fact, those were ALL I ever used to make! It's amazing how they've become such a challenge. I'm always worried they're too plain. I know a lot of the other players last night thought it was a challenge too, so I'm sure I'm not the only one! This card uses the Flutter Sophia set that was released last night at Paper Pretties. The card is coloring using Stampin' Up markers and a bit of an Aquapainter.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Ride 'Em Cowgirl (MFT), Look Who's Perky, Flutter Sophia (Paper Pretties); Ink- Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Blue Bayou; Paper- Apple Cider DS, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Blue Bayou (SU), patterned paper (DCWV Nursery Stack); Accessories- double stitched ribbon in Blue Bayou and River Rock (SU), blender pen, paper piercer, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Mellow Moss markers, horizontal slot punch, duo satin ribbon (May Arts), Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

All your cards are just beautiful Charmaine!! I love the no layer card - shoot I love them ALL!! :) thanks for doing such a great job on putting together the fun last night! :)

Shannan Teubner said...

So cute! Except now for some Godforsaken reason I'm left singing "Shiny Little surrey with the friiiiiiiiiiiinge....on the topppppp"

jjcreations said...

I love the fringe on the top card. It's awesome. And being a coffee lover....I love the little cup on the second card. Joan

Alex said...

Your cards are gorgeous Charmaine, my favorite being the little cowboy western themed first one!! Totally adorable! That fringe is perfect and I will have to CASE that for some of my western theme scrapbook pages! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Wow! All three cards are gorgeous!

Donna Baker said...

as usual, all these cards are fabulous, you really know how to do western with the cowgirl

Beth said...

They're all so beautiful! I love the no-layer-card...my favorite, for sure. Although, I do agree that the lack of layers makes it a little harder, I love the way it keeps the focus on the stamp!!

Deborah said...

All of these recent posts are so adorable and beautifully made Charmine! Hugs to the bugs! Deb

Jenn in GA said...

with a class coming up this friday, making a single layer card would be a good use of time, both for me and the stampers! thanks for the inspiration .

Michele Kovack said...

Definitely NOT too plain! Very cute cards!

Janine said...

These are all fab!!!

Chris said...

these are great!! i love them all...i must check out the new stamps....i am hoarding what's left of my apple cider paper!!

Lorie said...

All of your cards are great! For some reason that last little girl just is so endearing to me! Just so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oooooo Charmaine! I love seeing all of your cards together! They are too wonderful for words! Love 'em!

Juanita B said...

So much creativity in one place!
The fringe is really cool, I love the double matted window and the papers. I love the Sopia card also. You have a magical way with coloring. TFS.

Jessie/knightrone said...

I'm with Shannan, totally having an Oklahoma moment over here!! I used to love to watch that, and I would wake up and stand at the screen door and sing, "Oh What A Beautiful Morning" all the time!! I bet my Mom wishes she had a videocamera back then!! Gorgeous cards, just wish I hadn't missed all the fun!! Thanks for sharing!!

Rose Ann said...

Your Prettie Pajama cards are all fabulous, Charmaine!!! I love them all!!

Diane Gilbert said...

Tooo cute!!! Love the fringe on the cowgirl card!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails