Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Be Inspired Challenge #4

Have you tried Beate's new weekly challenge? It's called Be Inspired. On Tuesdays, she'll post an inspiration challenge. How fun! This will be a great exercise for me. Inspiration challenges are the most difficult for me because I try to take them too literally instead of using them as a stepping stone. Does that make sense? With other challenges, like Sketch Challenges, Technique or Color Challenges there are limitations. . .following the sketch, using a technique or using specific colors. That's me. . .I follow rules! LOL Just give me specific orders and I'm good to go! :) With the inspiration challenge, the sky's the limit. I'm very interested to see everyone else's take on the challenge and where the inspiration led them. So, be sure and check out the blogs of Beate, Danielle Lounds, Dawn McVey, Silke Ledlow and Susan Roberts for some wonderful inspiration! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Heartfelt Thanks, Well-Worn Words (SU); Ink- Versamark, Basic Black; Paper- River Rock, Basic Black (SU), Scarlet Letter (Basic Grey); Accessories- black organdy (Darice), paper piercer, Basic Black marker, black embossing powder, Build a Brad, photo corner punch.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took this one literally as well. But it's hard not to. The layout and the colors are great!
I LOVE your card. The paper and the set you chose are perfect. And that little doodad on the top right looks awesome!
Thanks so much for being on the Inspiration team! Did I tell you lately that you rock?
Hugs and smiles

Janine said...

This is just stunning Charmaine... Really you are just so talented.
I love what you do and you give me such inspiration.. Thank you !!
Have a great day!!

Kelley said...

Love the card! Simple, yet so elegant. I have trouble making those kind of cards. I'll have to give the inspiration challenge a try.

Jenn in GA said...

oooo la la! love this combo, girl!

Bethany Paull said...

Oh Charmaine! That's so unique and stunning.

Anonymous said...

This is *gorgeous*!!!

Danielle L. said...

I went literal on mine also... but the piece was so beautiful it was difficult not too! Love your card!

Unknown said...

oh beautiful. makes me think french. a little different from what you've been making lately, but i love how you took the challenge!

Diane Gilbert said...

Charmaine this is gorgeous!! I love the colors and the DP you chose.
I took the challenge literally as well until I realized I was missing the stamp set that I wanted to use so I had to change my direction (hope it worked).

Lauren (mytime) said...

WOW! That is totally identical! LOVE it-

Melissa said...

Oh my! This is absolutely stunning!

Many Blessings,
M.

Juanita B said...

Oh, Charmaine, your interpretation is outstanding! TFS

Alex said...

This is gorgeous, girl!!! You are so mega talented, and it shows in every project you make! What a fantastic card - you really did the inspiration piece justice! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Marja Sch said...

What a beauty. Just lovely.

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Charmaine!! Love how you stamped on the patterned paper.

Michele Kovack said...

This turned out gorgeous!! Do you ever get tired of hearing that? LOL!

Donna Baker said...

wow! this is GORGEOUS! that dp is lovely, your interpretation of the inspiration is RIGHT ON!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this!!!!Your work is always so Amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

I just got in the mail today "So Hippy" I can't wait to case your adorable hippo card. Your work on everything you do is awesome!!!!!!
smallcity

Dawn said...

This card is sooo very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome interpretation of it! Wow! Hey could ya share some of that mojo with me? LOL!

Tammy

Carolyn King said...

wow....beautiful and dramatic! love it!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Debbie Olson said...

Va-VOOM! This is so classy, Chamaine!

Melanie said...

very cool interpretation, just stunning!

Ladystamper said...

This is beyond beautiful. It is stunning!! I'm going to see what I can come up with too!

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I love it when you go outside your comfort zone on your cards!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the papers and set you used!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your sample is absolutely beautiful!! It is so similar to the inspiration piece it is amazing!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails