Thursday, September 20, 2007

Basic Gray


This is for today's Ways to Use It Challenge on SCS, to use the color Basic Gray. I don't use this color very often, if at all. I thought the Basic Grey Scarlet Letter patterned paper would go perfectly. . .and it selected the rest of my color combination for me! :) I used the Garden Whimsy butterfly and the sentiment is part of one of the stamps in the Absolutely Fabulous set. I couldn't figure out what to do with the upper part of the card, so I cut a bit off and added the scallop border. It made for a different layout and look to the card. This is a different color combo for me, but I kinda like it! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Garden Whimsy, Absolutely Fabulous (Stampin' UP); Paper- DCWV gray, olive, red, Basic Grey Scarlet Letter; Ink- Basic Gray, Ruby Red; Accessories- green, red and gray grosgrain, Making Memories brad, 3/4" and 1" circle punches, slit punch, hole punch, Stardust Stickles, paper piercer.

17 comments:

Jenn in GA said...

i'm not a big gray fan, and i haven't ordered any of it yet, but, combined with the Basic Grey paper, it's beautiful!

Alhambra Club said...

I love that gray with the red, would never of thought of using green but it sure works.

Alex said...

Gorgeous Charmaine - I really really like that color combo! I don't use the gray alot either, but may need to break it out and play - LOL! Just read your tag answers and giggled my way through those - have dialup right now so read 'em all at once! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Shannan Teubner said...

So cute, Charmaine! Thanks to you, I now have to have Garden Whimsy! LOL

Unknown said...

WOW! I LOVE those colors together. And I really like your scallop on the top. Beautiful card!

Jules said...

Again...your color selections rock! Nice! :) Julie

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Diane Gilbert said...

Oh so pretty Charmaine!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Hey great minds think alike! I grabbed my scarlet letter paper too when I saw the challenge! love your card!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love the gray and red together, stunning :)

Unknown said...

Very nice - it all goes together beautifully! :)

Tandra said...

I LOVE the new Basic Grey from SU! It goes with so much!
Your card is fabulous!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Gorgeous and so very unique! Well done! .... as always!!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Basis Grey is my favorite paper! I think I have every pack they have ever made! Right now I am on a Mellow kick. This card is beautiful Charmaine!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Charmaine!! I love the red butterfly against the Basic Gray...and that patterned paper is so lovely with it! Wonderful design!

Colleen, PA said...

How did you make the scalloped border at the top?

Patti Gingrich said...

This card rocks!!! I love it! The colors are fantastic!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails