Monday, September 17, 2007

Simple Beautiful

This was a simple card I made with the Papertrey Ink set Beautiful Blooms. I wanted to try out my Spellbinders Nestabilities templates. They are VERY cool! I love how they add a little more to a simple card. I always loved the look of wedding cards with that embossed frame, and now I can creat my own! It is a little tough to make the template straight and keep it straight as you put it through the Cuttlebug, but I think it will get easier with practice! I masked off the frame so that all the flowers would be inside the frame.

On another note, I usually try and send in some cards for the Guest Star Stamper Contest at Papertrey Ink. This month, much to my shock, one of the cards I sent in was given an Honorable Mention! I couldn't believe it and am extremely honored! I do have to mention, though, that this card was originally made for a Sketch Challenge over at Splitcoast and that the challenge layout was inspired by a card by TERRORE3. She has a wonderful gallery at Splitcoast with gorgeous creations that you really should check out! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink); Paper- Whisper White, Blue Bayou; Ink- VersaMagic in Ocean Depth, and Aspen Mist; Accessories- bling from Walmart, paper piercer, large oval punch, large rectangle Spellbinders Nestabilities die.

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Lovely!

Karen said...

This is beautiful! I love the clean look!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous. I think I'll order some of those dies today. Congrats on the Honorable Mention, too. You Rock!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely beautiful card!!! WOW! I love how clean and crisp it is. TFS!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is beautiful, love the embossed frame, these dies are on my wish list. Honorable Mention that is wonderful all your cards are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Love what the Nestabilites add, your card is beautiful!!! I love the way you mixed the colors.
CONGRATULATIONS for you much deserved Honorable Mention. TFS.

Anonymous said...

PS: I am ecstatic because I found out the meaning of you blog name, that is adorable!! TFS.

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I have this set, haven't inked it up yet! Should soon!

Sherrie said...

love that embossed edge, I am really looking forward to getting my spellbinders! Way to go on the honorable mention! You totally deserve it, your entry was beautiful!

Robyn said...

That turned out terrific!! What a simple and sweet card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I'm so jealous you got the Nestabilities - waiting for mine still! :) Really pretty card!

Diane Gilbert said...

How pretty, I love the simpilicity of this card!

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous, Charmaine!

I don't remember if I told you congratulations on your honorable mention at PTI! I LOVE your card! Way to go!!

Jules said...

Clean and simple! Beautiful!!!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Congratulations on the HM! Way to go! I took a peek at the card and it was wonderful! This one is too. I too just got my Spellbinders...a bit tricky, but I think I'm going to love them!

Heather said...

Congratulations!
Beautiful card- I love the embossed edge.

Sharon Harnist said...

Congrats on the Honorable Menion, Charmaine -- this is an awesome card, love the Nestabilities! How the heck did you get yours so fast?!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails