Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Surprise!

This was for yesterday's Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS, Surprise! It was to make a Surprise Pop Up Card. I have never made one of these before, so it was a very neat challenge for me. Following Beate's Tutorial (link above) made it a breeze! It really was a lot of fun to make. If you haven't ever tried one, give it a go. . .they really are darling cards. I used my Stampendous Bee for this card along with the Apple Cider Designer Series paper. I used a blender pen and ink pads for the coloring. The sentiment is from another one of those See-D's sets I picked up for $1.95. It was the Cute As a Bug set.

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend! We did. We got to spend a lot of time with family and friends. I have to say, though, I'm really sad to see summer go. :( Savannah starts preschool on Thursday and I'm so excited for her. She really is anxious to go. I can't believe the time has come already. . .didn't I just give birth to her yesterday? LOL Thanks for coming by today. Hope your week is off to a great start! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Stampendous Bee Daisy, sentiment from See-D's Cute As a Bug set; Paper- Apple Cider DS, Wild Wasabi, Sahara Sand, DCWV Chocolate; Ink- Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Really Rust, Wild Wasabi; Accessories- blender pen, grosgrain ribbon, organdy ribbon, horizontal slot punch, paper piercer, Chocolate Chip marker.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

How adorable! I haven't tried making one of those. Must put it on my every growing to-do list. Love the Stampendous bee, and your coloring is fantastic, as always!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, your pop up card looks fantastic! I love that you paired the bee with these colors and papers. Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

these are so fun to make! love yours!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, this is so darn cute! I think I'll have to try one of these :) Your cards are always so beautiful. I love coming here!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, love the paper and colors, and that bee, love that stamp, must use mine more often.

Alex said...

that is a fabulous pop-up card Charmaine - love it! I have never made one of these because they look well, intimidating, but maybe I will give it a shot! TFS - *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Diane Gilbert said...

How cute!!! you did an awesome job on the challenge, love the colors with the bee!

Jenn in GA said...

This does look cute, and I'd love to try it. Perhaps later this week...I'll remember both you and Savannah on Thursday.

Ashley said...

SUPER SUPER SUPER CUTE!! I love this pop-up card so much! Another A++++++++++++++ from me! Hugs! Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Fabulous card!! The way you colored the bee to match the paper is so cool! LOve it all!!!

Shanismom said...

cute card, love the pp and the bee.

Nancy Riley said...

Your surprise card is ADORABLE! Don't forget the tissue when you drop Savannah off to preschool!

Michele Kovack said...

You did it again Charmaine....Fabulous!!

Rose Ann said...

This card is so adorable! Love that little bee with this paper! So nice!

Deborah said...

LOVE this card! How adorable that Savannah is starting preschool! My DGD Isabella is too! TFS! Deb

Kristine said...

WOW...FUN FUN FUN!! Love those pop up cards. Great colors too ;o)

Mandey Koehler said...

FUN!!! I have a co-workers birthday coming up, I just might try and make a pop up card for her. Thanks for the thought.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails