Monday, September 10, 2007

So Much Mojo

This is for Julee's Mojo Monday Week 2 Challenge on her blog, Poetic Artistry. She wanted you to use pieces that you never put on cards, but had colored or punched and were just sitting in a box waiting to be used. I had quite a few scallop punched circles in my "scrap bin" that for whatever reason, I decided not to use at the time I punched them out. That decided my color scheme for me since they were Chocolate Chip and Groovy Guava. At Louisville Regionals, we received the So Much stamp set from the Fall-Winter Collection. I was not crazy about this set AT ALL, but I made it my challenge to myself to come home and use it and make myself love it! :) So I used it for this card. One little "trick" we learned at Regionals was to cut on the grooves around a scallop circle to make a flower with petals. I decided to use that with this challenge instead of the usual scallop circle. The Groovy Guava Giga scallop and Chocolate Mega scallop are sliced all the way around to create flowers that I've layered on top of each other. I mounted the scribble flower from the So Much set in the center with a rhinestone brad in the center of that. I also added some glitter on the So Much flower for a little extra sparkle. I certainly don't love this set yet, but I like it better than when I first saw it! :) Thanks for stopping by. Hope your week is off to a great start! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- So Much; Paper- DCWV patterned paper, chocolate, cream, Groovy Guava; Ink- Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip; Accessories- rhinestone brad by Darice, paper piercer, Chocolate Chip marker, Giga and Mega scallop circle punches, guava and chocolate grosgrain, glitter.

18 comments:

Alex said...

Love it Charmaine - I just learned that scallop trick myself and want to use it - LOL! I am with you, not too crazy about the set we are getting at regionals so I am hoping they will show something with it that wows me.....*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card. I love the color combo. I'm with you - this set doesn't sing to me, but you made it look great!

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is so pretty. Love the colors. :)

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, some MOJO you got going there, this is beautiful

Shannan Teubner said...

This is gorgeous! I'm lovin the color combo!

Christi Flores said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the colors and how you did the flowers. Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card!! The colors are fabulous, the dp's look soooooo well together, and the flower is out of this world!! I can't wait to try cutting a scalloped punched paper, ooooooooh, I can imagine how wonderful it would be with textured papers like a nice deep red velvet paper for Christmas. My wheels are spinning out of control. Thank you for sharing such inspiring information and an awesome example.

Melissa said...

Fabulous Charmaine!

Sherrie said...

I bet you are happy this card got created....wonderful results! Just love the colors!

Michele Kovack said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Charmaine! I love what you did with your punchouts and the new set. I can't wait to play with this set.
You need to use those big circles next.
Hugs and smiles

Jules said...

Thanks for the scallop tip...why can't I think of that stuff?? :) Julie

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful!! I love the patterned papers, and how you cut the scallops to make flowers. So pretty!!

Jill said...

Great card Charmaine! The colors are great!

Diane Gilbert said...

Charmaine I think this turned out great! I'm with you on this set, not sure about it but, I'm sure after I see more ideas with it, it may grow on me!

Unknown said...

Pretty card Charmaine!! You always do great job things challenges! :)

Deborah said...

Such a dreamy fabulous card Charmaine! I am going to go try cutting my mega scallop punch right now! I love new ways to make flowers! TFS! Deb

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This turned out really pretty! Wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails