Friday, September 14, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #19

What a fun sketch Beate came up with this time. . .although, she always comes up with something good! :) I decided to go with something for Halloween for this sketch. I have LOVED this Home Is Where the Haunt Is set since I bought it a couple of years ago, but I haven't used it very much. It was time to pull it out! I tried to create a sort of "haunted house" scene, but I'm not sure it worked. I think maybe I should have made the "stepping stones" a different color. I don't know. The pillars at the gate are on dimensionals to give the 3D effect that you have to walk through them to get to the house. I don't recommend cutting out the iron gate. . .it was very tedious with the hobby blade. The windows were colored over with a Sakura clear glaze pen. I don't know if you can tell from the picture that they look glassy. I added a "paperclip" with the 1" circle punch and the slit punch in the upper left corner of the card. I needed somewhere to put a little ribbon, and that's what I came up with. I found I kept running out of room on the card. I think next time I'll have to make it a little bigger. :) Check out what Beate, Lori, Jenn and Sharon have created! I'm going to do that now! Thanks for visiting! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Home Is Where the Haunt Is; Paper- Halloween Night retired DS paper, DCWV yellow and orange, Whisper White; Ink- Palette in Noir, Craft Whisper White; Accessories- 1" , 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, slit punch, ticket corner punch, Making Memories brads, craft knife, paper piercer, Black marker, Sakura clear glaze gel pen.


29 comments:

Sharon Harnist said...

This is adorable, Charmaine -- love the Halloween theme and that great ribbon!

Stamp With Linz said...

Adorable! I love all of the fun colors!

Jennifer Aviles said...

oh my gosh, how CUTE is this one? This is the kind of spooky I like - adorable!

Alex said...

that is dang cute Charmaine - I can't wait to do this weekend sketch! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

How spooky and cute!! I love your sample for Beate's sketch! You always 'rock it'!

Jill said...

This is so cute! Love what you did with Beate's sketch. Your cards are always great!

Pat said...

Charmaine, you never cease to amaze me!! This is great.

Anonymous said...

What a great, fun card.

Kimberly said...

WOW what a great Halloween card. Love it!

My Paper World said...

Love the halloween theme, really fun, you did a fab job with the sketch!

BarbK said...

I love this card. Your setting the scene works just great.

Dottie K. said...

This is perfect. Love everything about it. So fun!!!!

Diane Gilbert said...

This is sooo Cute! What a great Halloween card, I LOVE it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card! I can't believe you cut out that gate - you've got more patience than me, girl! ;) Love the card!

Anonymous said...

Too cute. Great Halloween card! Good job with the sketch :)

Shelby said...

Wow! I LOVE your take on the sketch! What an awesome job you did!

Alhambra Club said...

This is great, it reminds me of the Psycho house on a sunny day, don't know what that says about me, but love the card and all the detail you put into it.

Kathy said...

I would love to get inside your creative mind. Really cute card.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, I love all of the dimension. TFS

Genevieve said...

OMGosh! This is the cutest ever! You did such a great job with this sketch! Can't wait to try it myself!

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable card! Love it! :)

Daniela Dobson said...

This is darling!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun Halloween card! I love the colors and the detail.
Missi

Shannan Teubner said...

Charmaine!!! This is an amazing card!! I LOVE ITTTTTTT!!!!

Pat's Paper Passion said...

Love the layout and choices for stamps...almost makes me wish I made Halloween cards. I'm assuming that your doodling is free-hand. Is it a creative moment or do you get your ideas somewhere? I love the touch doodling adds to a card.

Nancy Riley said...

INCREDIBLE! I can't believe all the detail you've put into this card! It's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine ~ this is an adorable Halloween sample! I love the witch in the circle. So, so cute! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Kelly said...

Great card! I love all the colors - it all just comes together just right!

StampingBetty said...

I love the card! I wasn't sure those were stepping stones until I read the description, maybe grey would have worked better. I really like what you did. Spooky, spooky, spooky, love this set and just got it too. If you feel like you are running out of room next time try a square card maybe, they always seem so big when i am making them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails