Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pomegranate Artichokes

This was for yesterday's Color Challenge on SCS, Taken With Pomegranate Artichokes. . .to use Taken With Teal, Purely Pomegranate and Always Artichoke. This color combo was very different, but I like it. I never would have put Taken With Teal and Always Artichoke together. This card also qualifies for my challenge to myself. . .to learn to love the So Much set! Unfortunately, I still don't LOVE it, but at least I like it a little more than I did! The polka dot organdy ribbon on this card really isn't this bright. I think the light picked up the "shimmery-ness" of it and made it look more lime. In real life, it does look a little more olive.

We have a busy day today, so I'm trying to rush to get out of the house. I'd really like to stamp before I go, but don't know if that will happen! We'll see! Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- So Much; Paper- Purely Pomegranate, Always Artichoke, Taken With Teal; Ink- Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Always Artichoke, Taken With Teal; Accessories- polka dot organdy ribbon from Doodliedoo, Making Memories brads, slit punch, ticket corner punch, circle Coluzzle, paper piercer, Always Artichoke marker, rhinestone brad.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Charmaine!

Rose Ann said...

I agree that this color combo is somewhat unusual...but you really made it work nicely here! Pretty card!!

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, beautiful, love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I too was unsure of those colors but I do like them together! TFS!

My Paper World said...

It looks fab! I love the layout, and the colours look great!

Christi Flores said...

This is so cute! That color combo is different but you really made it work. Awesome!

Bethany Paull said...

Okay, this must be your day to prove me wrong. I saw this color challenge yesterdy and thought, "yuck". I saw this stamp set in the catty and thought, "yuck, what in the world can you even do with that". And yet, you've made the most beautiful card. You're amazing.

Shannan Teubner said...

What an adorable card! I'm not sure what I think about this set either, but you did a fab job with it!

Diane Gilbert said...

Great job on the challenge!

Alex said...

Love it Charmaine! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So beautiful! This combo is so pretty, even though it's out of my normal palette. Love the layout.

Jenn in GA said...

not my favorite color combo, but it's an interesting design.

any thoughts to share from regionals?

Michele Kovack said...

These are colors I would probably never put together on my own...but they work great here!

Nancy Riley said...

Stunning color combination! You've used this not-so-favorite stamp set extremely well! Really nice card!

Anonymous said...

I love your layout and the way you used the set! Your card turned out great! Way to go with colors you wouldn't have put together and a set you aren't sure off!

Unknown said...

Pretty card - you're trying hard with that set huh? If it makes you feel any better you are doing a Super job!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails