Saturday, September 15, 2007

Retro Inspiration

This is for today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS, Dinnerware, and for the Dirty Lost and Found Sketch Challenge. I LOVE the dishes for the inspiration challenge. They are so COOL! I don't know if those of you who are not Fan Club Members on SCS can view the Dirty Lost and Found Challenge link, but basically they've added even more monthly challenges that go along with the Dirty Dozen gallery. . .kind of like what they did to celebrate the Dirty Dozen this summer. I can never get enough challenges! :)

For this card, I used the True Friend set from the Holiday Mini Catalog as well as Absolutely Fabulous, which has been inked for the first time! YIKES! I loved the colors for the inspiration. This started off my day wonderfully because these colors make me HAPPY! Hope they make you happy as well! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- True Friend, Absolutely Fabulous; Ink- Palette in Noir; Paper- Taken With Teal, Whisper White, DCWV Black and green; Accessories- small circle punch, jumbo and mega circle punches, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Making Memories brads, rhinestone brads from Target $1 bin, paper piercer, polka dot organdy ribbon, small and large oval punches.


18 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

I am so lovin' this card! These colors are FANTASTIC .... I just can't believe how well you pulled all the elements together! AWESOME card, Charmaine!!!

Deborah said...

Charmaine you did a fabulous job on this retro challenge! I love the colors and your plates inspiration! TFS- Deb

My Paper World said...

Ohhh! Love these colours, and the spotty ribbon!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! love it!

Jules said...

I likey! Love retro. I need to go to my stamp room to play! Have a great weekend! :) Julie

Alex said...

Charmaine, this is awesome! I saw the dinnerware and you are dead on! The colors are fantastic, your card really pops! Love your stuff, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, I love what you did with this challenge. The card is gorgeous!
I slept late, started on my card, but then went to the beach, the outback and then watched a movie with my man. I have to cherish those moments.
I hope I get to finish the card tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this card is really retrofabulous! This color combo reminds me of the colors of my childhood in the late 60's!! Love it!
barb

Unknown said...

So pretty - those colors are awesome and you made it beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my girlie .. yout card looks just like your dishes .. How cute is that .. Such a Fabulous card ..
Great job GF
xo
Dawn

BarbK said...

Okay, enough is enough. I wanna be you! At leaste creatively, I've already got four children, all grown up and I like it that way! They're giving me grandbabies now which is all fun and no work!

CreativeMish said...

You did an awesome job matcing the plates! This is perfect!

Michele Kovack said...

What a cool card! YOU totally ROCKED This challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

You nailed that challenge!! Great card with wonderful elements. TFS.

Bethany Paull said...

This is so unique and totally fab! I love the two-toned circles.

Jenny said...

Oh Wow! you did a fantastic job with the inspiration. I am completely blown away by this.

Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is perfect for the challenge! Love it!

Patti Gingrich said...

You really pulled it off! Groovy retro card!!! ;) Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails